Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Its a shame

Eleni
May 14th, 2005, 10:46 AM
my friend has a cat that had a litter of kittens in november,

she told me the cats pregnant again,

I was shocked and asked her when she was gonna get the cat spayed and she doesnt plan on it.

right now she has the momma and 3 kittens from the first litter, and now she will ahve another litter.

ive gone so far as offer to pay for the spay but no go, she thinks teh kittens are cute :confused:
I asked her if that was reason enough to risk the mommas health and add more kittens to the already cat overpopulation, and she thought I over reacted.

some people baffle me,

dont think i can be friends with someone who is so thoughtless when it comes to her pets.

Eleni

Lucky Rescue
May 14th, 2005, 10:58 AM
dont think i can be friends with someone who is so thoughtless when it comes to her pets.

You and me both.

CyberKitten
May 14th, 2005, 02:22 PM
That's more than thoughtless. It is irresponsible, unknowledgable and even cruel - cruel in the sense that her mom cat is now at greater risk for certain diseases. I am sure you told her all that and more tho, sigh!!!!

twinmommy
May 14th, 2005, 10:56 PM
I sympathize with you, and don't blame you for not wanting to be friends with this inconsiderate, selfish person. Might I commiserate without hijacking your thread? I can think of two situations of people who are not treating their animals as I would and these people are FAMILY!! ugh and double ugh!

Talked till I'm blue in the face, and can't really "blow them off". :(
sorry for the rant!

mafiaprincess
May 14th, 2005, 11:55 PM
And what's even worse is, what happens when all the kittens become preggers... how may cats can one have having kittens constantly... awful.

chico2
May 15th, 2005, 09:16 AM
Eleni,your"friend"is not an animal-lover,I believe even cat-haters can see the cuteness in a kitten.I would love a dozen kittens :D but sanity and my love for my cats and their proper care,prevails..
What does she do when they are no longer kittens???
Your friend is ignorant and selfish and I pity the unfortunate kitten-machine little mama cat :sad: