Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Huge visitor!

chico2
May 14th, 2005, 08:35 AM
This morning I looked out the window to my backyard and under my bird-feeders sat the largest cat I have ever seen :eek:
I had to put Rocky in another room,since he reacts violently to strange cats..then I went outside and I swear he looked like a Bob-Cat in winterfur..
Absolutely beautiful,probably around 25-30lbs..his tail was the size of a large coon,a lightgrey tabby.
Unfortunately I had to shoo him away,because he was chasing 2 baby-squirrels and mama squirrel was very upset :D
I am hoping he has a home,he looked VERY healthy,but I'll keep an eye out for him.Definetly the most beautiful cat I have ever seen...I had a Maine Coon many years ago and he was big,but this one was even bigger,I am still a little stunned,he was amazing!!

Lucky Rescue
May 14th, 2005, 08:45 AM
Too bad you didn't get a pic. I'd love to see that!

Probably a Maine Coon. We had one not long ago, and he was 24 lbs and was thin at the time!! His paws were as big as a dog's and he was stunning.

Hope this guy has a home.

chico2
May 14th, 2005, 09:09 AM
Lucky,I do too and if I see him again,I will try to take a pic and see how approachable he is...he probably was a Maine Coon,an absolute dreamcat,I can't say enough he was awesome...Wish he was mine!!!
He looked like he was well taken care of,beautiful fur...I'll call HS and check(they are used to me :D ),he could possibly be lost.I did not notice any collar.
If someone is looking for him,they would at least know what area he's in...