Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Guess it wasn't a pitbull

Dukieboy
May 13th, 2005, 08:05 AM
Found this on CP24. They make N O mention of the type of dog that bit the child. I wonder why.

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20050512-018/page.asp

twodogsandacat
May 13th, 2005, 08:13 AM
CP24 is not an anti-pit station in fact they are quite the opposite - maybe the information wasn't available.

For sure if it were a pit or a dog that even looked like a pit every Toronto station would have jumped on it. This is about the only station that reported on the German Shepherd that the Toronto police were forced to shoot recently. You would of thought the other stations would of picked up on that - a dog was dangerous enough that it had to be shot and no body other than CP24 reports on it.

Dukieboy
May 13th, 2005, 08:26 AM
Do you have a link to the GSD story? Could you post it or tell me where it was posted. Thx
Yes, I agree Pulse 24 has been one of the few media outlets that have been fairly impartial but I think it is clear that the dog that bit the child was not a pitbull or any kind of dog that could be construed as a pitbull.

twodogsandacat
May 13th, 2005, 10:00 AM
March 16, 2005
Dog Killed After Attack

Toronto Police were forced to shoot and kill a dog in the west-end of the city on Tuesday night.

Officers were investigating an incident in which one person suffered a superficial bite wound when the dog went after someone else. Thatís when they fatally wounded the German Shepherd.

Tests will likely be carried out on the body.

The canine was believed to be one of two guard dogs that that escaped from a wrecking yard not far from the scene at Dundas and Sorauren Ave. The other was recovered and returned to the grounds.

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20050316-001/page.asp

Tests will likely be carried out on the body. Why - because it was a shepherd? Funny how when those two pits attacked in September I didn't read anything about an autopsy. The question I had was - how many of those sixteen bullets really ended up in the dog?

Also the second dog (not a biter) was returned to the owners. If it were an innocent pit it probably would of been destroyed.

babyrocky1
May 13th, 2005, 10:55 AM
A bit of Gossip about City t.v. Do you guys remember Roger Peterson, he is a tall good-looking guy who used to do the news with Alex,? Im sure they are friends. Roger is, I think at the sister station in Vancouver. Anyway Roger lived acrooss the street from me in his boat up until he left. That is he and his dog, Hey You, did. Hey, was the only other PITBULL in our neighbourhood then so I always felt a bond with Roger and believe me I sure miss him NOW. I also have met several camera guys from city who have pits. One of them has three. When I called the producer the night Gord M. Interviewed the BRyant monster, I was livid and told them how discusted I was with that coverage, considering I knew that they knew better. They were very sympathetic and Im sure they had many other calls, but that evening they didn't even show most of the interview with Bryant! I think that citys heart is in the right place, Gord M.s coverage still makes me mad, but hes only one guy. We still need to keep an eye on them, like we did withthe little girl and the pit bull that was a dog and then a pitbull, but I dont think another station would have bothered to correct themselves and well we all know we gotta love Alex!