Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

who is Toby?

toby's tracy
May 13th, 2005, 05:19 AM
Hello - Toby is a mixed breed dog. When we got him, we were told that he was a cross between black lab and rotweiller, however just about everyone thinks he looks like there is some german shepherd somewhere.

What do you think? Is there more to Toby than meets the eye?
:love:

toby's tracy
May 13th, 2005, 05:32 AM
Here is another picture of Toby. He was born on February 27, 2005 and weighed 13.5 pounds in that picture (taken 2 weeks ago). He now weighs 17 pounds.

Daisy's Owner
May 13th, 2005, 06:05 AM
I can't help you with the breed, but, he's a cutie for sure.

goldenblaze
May 13th, 2005, 07:58 AM
Toby is adorable forsure, I would agree with Lab/rotweiller.
People might say shepherd because of brown markings but it could be from rotweiller side. No matter what Toby's bred is one thing forsure he will be one handsome guy when all grown up. :)

toby's tracy
May 13th, 2005, 08:17 AM
I think it is because of the markings, and also because of the shape of his face. Here's a side view. COuld that shape come from the lab?

honeybee4
May 13th, 2005, 09:09 AM
I think he definitly has rottie in him. He looks almost exactly like my harley when he was a puppy, except for Toby seems to have some white markings on his chest. That may come from the lab side. He is a gorgeous baby though. :)

goldenblaze
May 13th, 2005, 09:11 AM
This is my Lab Kaiger as a pup, not side view but look at his head. :love:

goldenblaze
May 13th, 2005, 09:16 AM
This pic might be better, see the ears :love:

Prin
May 13th, 2005, 04:13 PM
I think you'll have to wait till he grows up. He could be rotty lab, but he could also be dobie lab. That you'll only know as he gets older (dobies are more delicate bones than rotties, but markings are the same). But I think he'll morph at least 3 more times before he grows up. When we got Boo, he was surely a newf mix and then his legs grew and grew and grew and now he is way more lanky than a newf... You never know... :)

chico2
May 13th, 2005, 04:18 PM
He certainly is a little cutie..they grow so fast,I hope you'll show us some more pics as he does :love:

toby's tracy
May 13th, 2005, 04:44 PM
...he is adorable and very loved :love: ! I will definitely share pictures as he grows (I think we have about 200 already...hmmm...100/week, not bad!).

I do not understand why rawhide toys are so popular if they are so bad for them - doggy equivalent of junk food? tobacco? :rolleyes:

I will err on the side of caution and stay away from the rawhide for now!

thanks all!

toby's tracy
May 13th, 2005, 04:46 PM
Goldenblaze - I can definitely see the lab in his ears - thanks for the pictures!