Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Blazes eating habits...

Blaze01
May 12th, 2005, 03:16 PM
Every morning Blaze gets a small can of wet food during the day he has dry food out for him to munch on as he pleases but i have been noticing he lives for the freaking wet food...he eats the dry food but not alot of it but he has mantained his weight. The thing is every time i go into the kitchen he bugs the crap out of me wanting some wet food (or this is what i assume he wants) Even if i just happen to walk past the kitchen he runs in there like a bat out of hell...

I change his water at least three times a day and when i am getting him more he thinks he is getting wet food and purrs and loves all over me when he sees its nothing more than water he looks at me like i am cruel and starving him...

Does anybody know what is going on?

Also every morning i throw the extra dry food away...i never know how much he is going to eat so i put a decent bit in there...should i throw it away everyday or will it be ok for two?

Lucky Rescue
May 12th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Blaze is a neutered male? I would give him canned for the majority of his food.

You can leave dry out as well. It's okay for couple days.

I change his water at least three times a day and when i am getting him more he thinks he is getting wet food and purrs and loves all over me when he sees its nothing more than water he looks at me like i am cruel and starving him...

Typical cat. :rolleyes:

Blaze01
May 12th, 2005, 03:27 PM
Yes he is a altered male...i know we have discussed the wet vrs. hard food topic before i just worry...so do you think its best to let him have two small cans of wet food a day and then hard food to graze on? Will he stop eating the hard food after awhile? Will his teeth fall out? LOL people keep preaching that teeth thing to me!

Lucky Rescue
May 12th, 2005, 03:38 PM
The "dry food = healthy teeth" thing is a just a marketing ploy made up by dry food companies.

Getting a cat's teeth cleaned when necessary is a lot less serious or expensive then surgery to remove stones and blockages.

I never fed my cats anything but wet food, and they still had their teeth well up into their teens. Even my last cat who was 21 only needed two extractions and one was because of a broken canine.

Blaze01
May 12th, 2005, 03:39 PM
Thank you so much for your advice and help...