Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

carrying greenie around

raingirl
May 11th, 2005, 06:12 PM
I gave Odin a Jumbo greenie last week. To this day he hasn't started eating it all all. He just carries it from room to room (he has to see it and it has to be in the room he is in). He used to burry them, but this one he will bring into a room, plop it on the floor, sorta tuck it in a little (pat it down) and leave it.

Usually he carries them around, burries them all over the place, and then eats them within 48 hours.

Anyone know what this behaviour is? Is it like a security blanket or something? He does tend to burry it a little at night before he goes to sleep.

Karin
May 11th, 2005, 07:30 PM
It's just a special treasure to him. Ciara use to do this all the time with her treasures, it could be a treat or a stuffed animal toy. If it was "special"..she would carry it around, hide it..usually by lying on it..give me the evil eye and get all nervous.If it was a treat, she would eat it after a few days. I still have issue's with the toys. I wash and bag them up when she is not looking.

Princesss04
May 12th, 2005, 09:06 AM
Sounds like to me that is he is just proud of it! If you eat it than it is gone! LOL :D You should take a picture I am sure that would be a cute one! He sounds like so much fun! :D

raingirl
May 12th, 2005, 09:19 AM
He is a HAM! We love him so much. He is so SPOILED! We have hundreds of pictures of him. I have a habbit of taking a ton of pics of the same thing, and most of them are when he is sleeping, because he looks so peacefull and cute when he sleeps with his eyes closed and his tongue sticks out!

It's probably a security thing. I take it away at night (just in case he decides to eat it then) because I don't want him to choke on it, and last night he kept looking where he left it over and over, and as soon as we let him back in the same room this morning, he kept looking and looking for it again! My BF gave it back to him though after breakfast!