Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

wild dog in africa (i think) saves baby

melanie
May 10th, 2005, 06:26 PM
did anyone else see this? on the news last night it reported of a wild dog in i thnk africa that had heard an abandoned baby crying. the dog dragged the baby some distance across and away form roads adn then took the baby to its den where it had recently had pups. a passerby heard the baby cry and stoped to assist.

isnt tha just wonderful what a fantastic dog, hope she got a bit of food for the troubles. it jsut shows again how truly valuable our furry friends are. :thumbs up

i would love to adopt that dog, what6 a little angel :D

happycats
May 10th, 2005, 06:32 PM
Great story!! (It's been posted twice)
the dog looks so thin, and scared :sad: and they never did say what happened to her and her pups, I hope someone took mercy on them because of this story!

Prin
May 10th, 2005, 06:50 PM
Ya this was in a thread somewhere around here...

dogmelissa
May 10th, 2005, 07:47 PM
I believe that it wasn't a WILD dog (the African Wild Dog is actually a breed of dog that lives wild in Africa), but was a stray. I also heard that the baby was wrapped in a shirt and a linen bag of some sort and that the dog picked up the bag and carried it; the baby wasn't harmed. And apparently this happens quite often in this country, where abortion is illegal, and most of the infants (if found) die. I guess what made news was the involvement of the dog. She did look really hungry and I hope someone gives her some food!

kandy
May 11th, 2005, 10:30 AM
I saw this on the news last night and I had read about it on MSN yesterday. The poor dog did look scared and hungry - she couldn't have had that tail tucked in any tighter! It's amazing that the dog saw the baby as something that needed to be taken care of instead of food - I hope someone adopts the dog and the pups! And yes I think it was Kenya.