Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Anybody else alone when you're home alone?

Prin
May 10th, 2005, 04:41 PM
When one of us is home, my doggies sleep in the other room the whole time and the lone person is really ALONE. It's like the doggies are not even here. Then when the other half of the couple comes home the doggies wake up and get social. They are always in the same room as the two of us. It's like when my boyfriend or I come home, the doggies come home too. Like if they can't have us both, they don't want any of us. It's really strange. Does this happen to anybody else?

SnowDancer
May 10th, 2005, 04:44 PM
No. Just the opposite. Daddy is "okay but Mommy is the world. Always has been. Thought that maybe with the Eskimo dog things might be a bit more balanced. They aren't. Worrisome in a way in case I get run over by a bus.

raingirl
May 10th, 2005, 04:44 PM
Kinda. I work from home right now, so Odin follows me from room to room and sleeps in the same room as me, but otherwise ignores me. As soon as my BF comes home, he gets all hyper and excited running from room to room so he can be with both of us at the same time. We call him the devil dog at that time because he is so clumsy and runs into things, flips over, ears back, doing donuts on the floor. It's hilarious.

BoxerRescueMTL
May 10th, 2005, 05:16 PM
hmmmm.......both dogs follow us around all the time. uncle monty won't do anything without me. he knows food comes from mommy and he'll do anything for food, lol.
my boyfriend and i both work from home, i usually work in the living room and chris works in the office. there's a couch in the office too, but the dogs always hang out in the lr with me and all they do is sleep... if chris takes a break and comes into the living room, the monsters wake up and want to play and get love from us.
boxers are very people oriented dogs tho, they aren't happy if they are not glued to their people.

JDG
May 10th, 2005, 05:22 PM
my cats sleep aaaallllllllll day! Even though I'm home most of the time. :( They never want to play when I want to play! :sad: :sad:

Minou loves my husband! She will sleep infront of the front door and wait for him. All day. (I've made a mini-bed for her there so she is comfy)

When he gets home, she follows him about. Last week when he came home from paintball she waited outside the bathroom door, meowing and putting her paws under the door for his attention!

She will sit on his shoulder, and watch him play video games or use the computer for hours!

She will also sleep on his gross, stinky gym clothes. . .yucky! :yuck: :yuck: