Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

14 Rescues Unite for Rescue Me Walk

mrmilo
May 10th, 2005, 12:48 PM
There are now 14 different rescues that have joined forces to raise awareness of Canine Rescue and participate in the Rescue Me Walk-a-thon.

There will be a walk, games, raffle and BBQ. Of course everyone is welcome.

Here are the rescue's that will be there:

AireCanada Airedale Rescue Network
Basset Hound Rescue of Ontario
Boston Terrier Rescue
Boxer Rescue Ontario
Canadian Chihuahua Rescue
Canadian Dachshund Rescue
Canadian Yorkshire Terrier Rescue
Collie Rescue Network
Great Dane Rescue Inc.
Jack Russell Terrier Rescue Ontario
Project Jessie
Southern Ontario Sheltie Rescue
Speaking of Dogs
The Canadian Golden Retriever Adoption Service Inc.

www.rescuemewalk.com

raingirl
May 10th, 2005, 03:50 PM
are you associated with the walk? I'm just curious. I emailed them to ask how the money was going to be divided, and to what rescues it was going to, and they wouldn't tell me. I would really like to know who gets the money and how before I agree. I know it's on the boxer rescue website, but if other rescues are there (like you list) so all the rescues who participate get an equal share of the profits?

Also, I don't like that you have to raise $50 to participate. They should have a "buy in" option, where you pay when you get there, and if it's over $10 get a tax certificate. $50 is a lot to raise. I don't have time to go around asking people for money, and then how do they get their tax certificate (I beleive all donations are tax deductible for this walk right?). I would rather pay $50 myself at the time of the event. All fundraisers have a buy in at the time, why not this one? (CIBC run for the cure does, as does the MS walk, and a few others).

I asked these questions, and the only response I got was "the money will go to support rescue in ontario".

SnowDancer
May 10th, 2005, 03:52 PM
I had same questions.

greaterdane
May 10th, 2005, 03:57 PM
I know they are working with my father to get the CNIB involved. I'll see if he knows anything.

mrmilo
May 10th, 2005, 04:11 PM
Thanks for posting those questions. Yes I am helping to organize the walk. I am not sure who you received your replies from, but here is the answers to your questions.

>> I don't like that you have to raise $50 to participate.
You don't have to raise $50 to participate. You can just show up at the walk and make a donation right there. If you raise/or donate $50 or more then you will get a prize. Any pledge of $25.00 or more also receives a tax receipt. Tax receipts will be mailed out. So if you want to show up at the walk and donate $10.00 then please do and we will be very glad to have you there.

>>I emailed them to ask how the money was going to be divided, and to what rescues it was going to
When you register you can pick 1 of the 14 participating rescues that you want your pledge to go to (Hint: Pick Dachshund Rescue). All donations from your pledge sheet go directly to that rescue. Money from the BBQ, corporate donations and other proceeds will be divided up amoungst the 14 perticipating rescues.

Hope that answers your questions and please post if you have more. Also if you wouldn't mind PM's me that Email you received I would like to track down where it came from so that we don't have incorrect information being sent out.

Hope to see you there.