Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Food called MultiMenu

OdinAndAlan
May 9th, 2005, 07:52 PM
Hey guys, can I get some opinions on this brand of dog food? Supposedly they deliver it right to your door.

http://www.multimenu.ca/en/products.html

JDG
May 9th, 2005, 08:05 PM
here is the ingredients list:

DOG FOOD INGREDIENTS: Chicken meal, meat meal, brewers rice, ground yellow corn, wheat shorts, poultry fat (preserved with vitamins E and C), beet pulp, poultry digest, salt, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B12, riboflavin, niacin, choline chloride, folic acid, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, pantothenic acid, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, iodine, magnesium, selenium.

I'm no expert and I don't know much about feeding dogs, but i think most people on site look for more meat products in the first 5 ingredients, and I've also read that brewers rice isn't great for animals. . .

Prin
May 9th, 2005, 08:09 PM
I don't like "MEAT meal". Or the corn. But what is meant by meat? Beef? Chicken? Dog? Mystery meat. No thanks...

mamielou
May 9th, 2005, 08:37 PM
They have products which contain "meat meal". When I contacted them to know what kind of meat it is (VERY SUSPICIOUS :yuck: ), they first avoided me and since I insisted, they had to face my questions. In the end, they never gave me the answers: instead, they tried to get me to focus on their other products.

Big thumb down...

coppperbelle
May 9th, 2005, 08:42 PM
here is the ingredients list:

DOG FOOD INGREDIENTS: Chicken meal, meat meal, brewers rice, ground yellow corn, wheat shorts, poultry fat (preserved with vitamins E and C), beet pulp, poultry digest, salt, vitamin A, vitamin D, vitamin E, vitamin K, vitamin B12, riboflavin, niacin, choline chloride, folic acid, thiamine mononitrate, pyridoxine hydrochloride, biotin, pantothenic acid, iron, manganese, zinc, copper, iodine, magnesium, selenium.

I'm no expert and I don't know much about feeding dogs, but i think most people on site look for more meat products in the first 5 ingredients, and I've also read that brewers rice isn't great for animals. . .

Here is what I would question with this food.
Meat meal = non specific type of meat, could be any type of animal
Brewers rice = scrap rice
ground yellow corn = filler
wheat shorts = can't say I have ever heard of wheat shorts but wheat is not recommended if a dog has allergies
poultry fat= again it is non specific as to the type of poultry

HOpe this helps

raingirl
May 9th, 2005, 09:00 PM
if you are looking for food they deliver directly to your door try Pets4Life. Its raw food in measured portions that you just thaw and serve. If I had a chest freezer, I would consider it myself. The food is called "Home Made 4 Life"

http://www.pets4life.com/index.php?p=products/h4l

Prin
May 9th, 2005, 11:42 PM
Most dog food companies will deliver to your door if there are no distributers in your area. I know solid gold does it and wellness used to do it.

Solid Gold believes that there should never be any added animal fats. I guess if the meat used is high enough quality, you don't need to boost your fat proportions.

The protein content and other stuff is hard to compare because if any protein comes from the corn, most likely it won't be absorbed by the dog. You're best to look at the ingredients.

Go here (I posted links to threads with ingredient lists): http://www.pets.ca/forum/showthread.php?t=14713&highlight=ingredients Otherwise, search the forum for dog food threads and read what we all said about food. There is a ton of info on those threads.

OdinAndAlan
May 10th, 2005, 10:03 AM
Thanks much for the info. I'll definitely have a chat with my parents about this (They buy the food)!