Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Out of the bed!

Princesss04
May 9th, 2005, 03:33 PM
Well after about a week we finally got Meater and Chino sleeping on their bed right beside our bed. I loved having them sleep with me at night. But with Justin, myself, Meater and Chino in the bed it was crazy. Meater likes to sleep with his head on the right side of the bed and his body pointing to the left. He makes it hard to sleep with. Than Chino wants to sleep right on hubby and he is heavy so we had to start working with them. Plus we are gonna strat trying for a baby so we needed to move them to beside our bed instead of in it. We went and got them new beds and they like them. Just wanted to let you all know what was going on with the boys. The are doing so good! All we have to say is lets go to bed and instead of getting in our bed they jump in theirs. We just did not want them to think that when we do have a baby and they have to get out of the bed that is was the baby's fault. So we just thought it was best to start training them now. :D

kandy
May 9th, 2005, 06:36 PM
I am thinking that it was probably a good idea to get them off the bed now. Hazel sleeps on her own bed right next to ours because she just wants to lick you if she's in our bed, she doesn't try to go to sleep. :p Our last newf would not allow my husband to kiss me, let alone anything else! She would get herself in between us and actually start kissing both of us at once, or try some other way to get us apart. We had to put her outside if he was feeling frisky. :D

JDG
May 9th, 2005, 06:44 PM
My husband was very strict about no cats on the bed when we got Marty and Minou.

Minou was slightly de-hydrated last week, and Colin being such a softie for her let her sleep on his pillow so he could watch her.

Of course, we couldn't let Minou in the bedroom without letting Marty too. . . .

These two managed to change his mind in less that 3 weeks about having animals in the bedroom (the time we have had the kittens). . .

. . .The cats do enjoy a good rumble around at about 3 am - - - so it seems that Colin does kick them out of the bedroom at about that time. . . haha

I think its good to have boundries for your pets. . . and I think the bedroom is a good place to keep off limits or limit the time they spend there. . .

- - - -- - - -- - - -

We have 'VELUX' blankets on our bed, which the kittens just love, so we got them one for their bed, and they really enjoy having that - - perhaps having something of yours, or like yours will help soothe your animal and help them get adjusted to not being on top of the bed. . .