Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What does everyone think of this?

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 8th, 2005, 10:13 PM
http://www.helpbiff.com./

I personally think its wrong for them to solicit money from strangers to pay for the damage the puppy did.

wjranch
May 8th, 2005, 10:19 PM
sounds like a scam to me. If the pup has been allowed to cause $10,000 in damages, is this really a "safe, loving household" for him to be in anyway???

Keep your cash folks, this one screams "SUCKER"

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 8th, 2005, 10:38 PM
I did email them saying I didn't think it was far that they solicit money from strangers. They don't seem to have any thing for sale in their store yet.

Cactus Flower
May 8th, 2005, 11:11 PM
why post that.... nothing we can do about it, only going to upset members here

Um....because researchbulls wanted to know what we thought of it?

Why not post it? It's no different than the Ebay "pay me or I'll kill my dog" scams that people have posted and commented about.

There ARE things in the "store" on that site....lots of generic-looking overpriced t-shirts with the dog's picture on it and different captions.

I agree with this being a scam, and also question the "loving" household.....

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 8th, 2005, 11:40 PM
Yes I was just curious to know what people thought of this. I saw it on another dog forum and thought "youve got to be kidding" I hope they don't give him any money.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 8th, 2005, 11:56 PM
But I think if they posted on the WWW they obviously think they are going to get money from people that feel sorry for them. Even if its true about Bif I don't think its fair that they ask total strangers for money It sounds like they just gave the dog free run of the house and let it do whatever it wanted and now their going on the web to solicit funds for the damage the puppy did.

I think if enough people see this and think that its either a scam or just wrong to solicit money from strangers their site might not be up for long.

Prin
May 9th, 2005, 12:06 AM
They should sell tshirts for $50 that say GULLIBLE across the chest.
http://bestsmileys.com/funny/4.gif

Cinnabear
May 9th, 2005, 12:12 AM
It's falls under stupid advertising that will try and sucker you to buy. Buyer beware. And unfortunately, there is so many people that don't realize that they're being suckers to purchase them.

P.S. It's alright to ask for opinions.

Cactus Flower
May 9th, 2005, 12:25 AM
Ebay, we can do something about, we can contact Ebay, and have them romove the listing. a personal website, we can't do the same about. I just feel that there is too many stories about these types of sites, scams ...

Safyre, the wonderful thing about this message board is that if you dislike reading about a certain topic, you don't have to read it. Equally wonderful is that people here have the freedom to ask other members for their opinions about things- preferably without being attacked for doing so.

We "can't do anything about" the news articles that people post quite often ("DOG KILLS CHILD!"), but people still respond and share their feelings about the tragic events, as is their and the OP's right to do. I don't particularly like reading about such things, so I don't read them. I find this method works remarkably well for me.

Prin
May 9th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Besides, we've seen so many threads that start with "Do you agree with this..." or "What do you think of this" and no others get bashed. That is what this forum is for. Just don't click the link.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 9th, 2005, 12:56 AM
I actually don't mind those type of threads I dont necessarily reply to them but I think its good to know what type of scams are out there so you don't get sucked in.

Heres one I got sucked into...a girl knocked on my door and said that her boyfriend had left with another girl and taken her wallet, she had no money and had to be at work which was two hours drive away I felt sorry for her and gave her 20 bucks (but also wondered if she was scamming me) turns out she knocked on my neighbours door the next night with the same story. Its not pet related but thought I would share.

Cactus Flower
May 9th, 2005, 01:00 AM
:eek:Actually knocking on people's doors? That's pretty bold! :eek:

P.S- Happy Birthday :crazy:

happycats
May 9th, 2005, 05:52 AM
Safyre, the wonderful thing about this message board is that if you dislike reading about a certain topic, you don't have to read it. Equally wonderful is that people here have the freedom to ask other members for their opinions about things- preferably without being attacked for doing so.

We "can't do anything about" the news articles that people post quite often ("DOG KILLS CHILD!"), but people still respond and share their feelings about the tragic events, as is their and the OP's right to do. I don't particularly like reading about such things, so I don't read them. I find this method works remarkably well for me.

Amen to that Cactus Flower :thumbs up !!

Safyre
May 9th, 2005, 10:04 AM
I would appreciate you taking the quotes of my posts out of this thread, they have been deleted by me. (I doubt the actual member will, any mod reading, pls do so, i do not appreciate getting jumped on)

Lucky Rescue
May 9th, 2005, 10:24 AM
"Getting jumped on"? Hardly. You seem to post mainly to tell others that you don't like what they are saying.

Again, this is a DISCUSSION board and not a help desk, and people have the right to seek opinions, comments or answers to any subject they wish, as long as the board rules are obeyed.

Personally, I do not like reading about any acts of cruelty, so I never open those threads. I do not tell anyone not to discuss it just because there is no ready solution.

I don't particularly like reading about such things, so I don't read them. I find this method works remarkably well for me.

Works for me too. I suggest you try it.

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 9th, 2005, 10:47 AM
Well according to the person that set up this site their plight to save their dog is real.?.?.?.?.however I still don't think it is right to solicit money from strangers. Buying the dog from the side of the road how much could they have known about him, also it sounds like all the other puppies were sick (lifeless)
so chances are this one could have had something wrong with it too.

Also the dog must have had free reign of the house if he did that much damage. Its seems like they could have used some common sense in controlling the dog. Like confining him to one area or using a kennel.

Prin
May 9th, 2005, 01:27 PM
Also you can't help everyone. If some people are touched by this story and do give money, nothing you can do to stop them.

As of posting issues that have no resolution--how about hoping the world spays and neuters their pets? We all hope for that but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime. Doesn't mean we'll stop talking about it.

And you don't have to delete your posts because we disagree with you. Everyone is entitled to their opinion.