Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More Breed Bans & More Breeds included.

Akeeter
May 6th, 2005, 10:47 PM
Town of North West River News & Notes

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Town Implements Ban
Tuesday, 26 Apr 2005 11:11 pm NDT (-0230 GMT)
The Town Council of North West River has implemented a Ban on the following breeds of Dogs within the Town limits:

Pit Bulls

Akitas

Dobermans

Rottweilers

Residents who currently have the above breed of dog will not be affected by this ban. The ban does apply to residents who plan on obtaining a dog(s) of the above mentioned breed.

Residents are also reminded that all pets (Cats & Dogs) must be registered with the Town. For more info please call the Town Office at 497-8533.

MegShawnMom
May 7th, 2005, 06:29 PM
City of Oshawa is trying to implement a ban on pet stores,breeders,rescues with tough laws on over 3 animals.Animals classified as dogs,cats,birds,fish,reptiles. Bird rescue was first to find out about this new proposed law.In response to a complaint against a pet store they are going to throw the baby out with the bath water.There are now 4 municipalities with this law.

No problem with pet stores and breeders,however, rescue groups are affected big time.One of the reasons is that they want all animals to be controlled through the HS or AnimalControl.
The first meeting went well and hopefully the town will reconsider this.

pitbulliest
May 7th, 2005, 06:53 PM
well..its good to know that Michael Bryant's posse is taking over the world..lets ban everything..hey you..you are officially BANNED..GET OUT..OUT I SAY!!! :evil:

pupyluv668
May 7th, 2005, 11:44 PM
:thumbs up yeah why doenst someone bann him instead???? :evil:

seeker
May 8th, 2005, 08:20 PM
:thumbs up yeah why doenst someone bann him instead???? :evil:

We will in Oct2007

twodogsandacat
May 8th, 2005, 09:28 PM
We will in Oct2007

I think Dalton should pick out two or three seats on the other side of the house right now. Then in 2007 they won't have to dither for days trying to decide where they will sit.

Cactus Flower
May 8th, 2005, 09:56 PM
Dobermans?????????????? You've gotta be kidding me!

Somebody needs to send this man some Prozac. ASAP.

Schwinn
May 8th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Where is this town?

Loki
May 8th, 2005, 10:07 PM
I think Northwest river is in Labrador.

http://www.townofnwr.ca/home/blog.php?id=1

babyrocky1
May 10th, 2005, 10:51 AM
[QUOTE=MegShawnMom]City of Oshawa is trying to implement a ban on pet stores,breeders,rescues with tough laws on over 3 animals.Animals classified as dogs,cats,birds,fish,reptiles.
MegShawnMom you say the first meeting went well,is your sense that the intent of the ban is well intentioned? Since the complaint was against pet stores then maybe, if their intentions are good they will be receptive to the position of the rescues. Good luck , please keep us informed.

Akeeter
May 11th, 2005, 11:16 PM
It is located near Happy Valley-Goose Bay. But not near enough to be a suburb.

I wonder what the population of Dogs is made up of? I bet there are very few Rottis & Pittys, no Dobes, & 599 of the 600 people think an Akita is a Russian appetizer. :evil: