Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cat stuck in the tub

girlie_girl
May 6th, 2005, 10:46 PM
This is what happened to me the other day. one week ago we moved into a new home and we have a old style bath tub so its really deep. I have a one year old and a five year old indoor cats. The one year old was being curious and went into the tub and could not get out she was in there for sometime I am quessing cause she pooped and peed in the bath tub all I can say was what a mess. by the time I went upstairs to the bathroom it had been sometime (we have a upstairs and downstairs bathroom) she had found a way to get out but left me this nice mess to clean up lets just say :yuck: but I felt sorry for her so it didnt last long she must have been so scared stuck in the tub

twinmommy
May 6th, 2005, 10:54 PM
Are you sure that she got stuck?? Most cats would have no problem getting out of the deepest of tubs..??

When my cats go poo or pee somewhre other than the box, that's usually my cue that something is not right with him/her.

I'd take her to be checked out, especially if it continues.

wjranch
May 6th, 2005, 10:55 PM
You could leave a plastic stool in the tub so the cats can get out IF they slip in again.
She probably made that mess because she was scared! Poor kitty, stuck in the big bath tub! :D

Prin
May 6th, 2005, 10:58 PM
You could maybe close the bathroom door too... My friends cat likes to fall in the toilet... :o

Karin
May 6th, 2005, 11:03 PM
Litter boxes are a really cool invention, trust me on this one.