Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

cleaning and grooming a fidgety cat

L'il Frankie
May 6th, 2005, 07:25 PM
Frankie has long hair, and things get stuck in it. Brown, smelly things. She has good, solid stools, and uses her litter box all the time, but there are always skid marks. She grooms herself regularly, but dosen't do a good job "down there". Should we take her to a groomer and get her butt trimmed? If we try it ourselves, she bites or runs away. Any advice would be greatly appreciated, and would probably make our apartment smell alot fresher.

Lucky Rescue
May 6th, 2005, 07:34 PM
Either clip the hair back there yourself, or take her to the vet and have it shaved.

It will make your life, and Frankie's, a LOT easier!!:)

SnowDancer
May 6th, 2005, 08:46 PM
I would get the area shaved, trimmed whatever works. If you can do it yourself by all means - but dress accordingly in padded clothing. Or find a groomer who will do cats. I watched a long haired cat being groomed while waiting for my Eskimo - what a sight! No wonder her sign states that she "specializes in cats" - my husband doesn't understand the need to say this - but then he didn't witness the grooming. My Eskimo's "fur" is really "hair" - but a double layer and fortunately his tail curls up so he has to get trimmed up only every 3 months. Someone asked me if he was a big Persian cat??