Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pitbull Meetup

pitbulliest
May 6th, 2005, 01:40 PM
Hey guys...I was wondering if any of you in the Toronto area would like to make some dates with me and my pooch (not like, romantic dates!!!)..she needs to get out more, and I wouldn't mind starting her off with some on leash socialization, just to see if they get along...the reason I'm saying pitbull meetup..well because
a) she's a pitbull and
b) she's a bit on the rough side..likes to knock dogs down and stuff..I know alot of golden retriever owners who would give me hell for that..lol

Anyways..if anyone is interested in making a date for some beginner onleash supervised socialization (lol ookayy)..that'd be cool..I also want to get to know some more pitbull people around here...lately I feel alone :( nobody understands what us owners are going through due to this stupid ban, so it'd be nice to meet up and RANT haha..maybe we call all get together and plan an assassination on BRYANT!

:evil:

Dukieboy
May 6th, 2005, 01:45 PM
Hey Pitbulliest! :)

See the How Will We Cope thread in the BSL pitbulls section on the Board. A few of us are moving towards establishing a "pitbull co-op" Looking for safe places and meet up for our dogs. Check it out. :thumbs up

Luvmypit
May 6th, 2005, 03:46 PM
I defanately be interested in a pit bull co op. Pittbulliest my capone is the same. HEs too rough for my parents dog as he has hip displaysia or how ever you spell it...
He just sniffs other dogs but when hes left to go play play hes rough but just in the sense he knocks others down. He doesn't bite.

pitbulliest
May 6th, 2005, 10:15 PM
mine tends to nibble..I used to take her to dogparks when she was younger..but when she reached maturity I got nervous..I haven't taken her around dogs much so I'm afraid of how she'll react...she was fine before..just rough ..like I said..that's why I want to "reintroduce" her if you will...she loves cats..and she gets wiggly butted when she sees other dogs on the street..no aggressive signs..so for sure I'll check out that thread about the pitbull coop..it would definately be a good idea and I'm also interested *put hands up*...I just hope messina hasn't become dog aggressive over her isolation period...she hasn't been to a dog park in over a year now...ouch..

Kayla and Me
May 8th, 2005, 05:36 AM
mine tends to nibble..I used to take her to dogparks when she was younger..but when she reached maturity I got nervous..I haven't taken her around dogs much so I'm afraid of how she'll react...she was fine before..just rough ..like I said..that's why I want to "reintroduce" her if you will...she loves cats..and she gets wiggly butted when she sees other dogs on the street..no aggressive signs..so for sure I'll check out that thread about the pitbull coop..it would definately be a good idea and I'm also interested *put hands up*...I just hope messina hasn't become dog aggressive over her isolation period...she hasn't been to a dog park in over a year now...ouch..

I wouldn't worry about that too much. Kayla had not played with another dog before Rocky in 8 months or more, but she was fine. I think 'how' you introduce them is important. Dogs are social or they are not. If not, I always carry my trusty water spray bottle. It works wonders at getting their attention when they are getting a little more aggressive than I am comfortable with. :)

pitbulliest
May 8th, 2005, 11:52 AM
That's a great idea kayla..I don't think there'll be any problems..but if things get out of hand I have no problems just leaving..and will be happy to know that hey at least she got out and TRIED to make some new friends lol...she's just so bored at home..I take her out to the park around here but soon that will end..no more offleash runs in public..and a big fat muzzle to top things off...

I've said it before and I'll say it again..I HATE YOU BRYANT!!!

Akeeter
May 12th, 2005, 12:21 AM
I don't think my old 'Keeter Dog would appreciate all that bumping around with his cruciate surgery etc. But I'm sure the Lab would enjoy it. :sorry: