Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Are Worms Bad?

BeagleMum
May 6th, 2005, 07:42 AM
Are earth worms bad for dogs to eat? Since it has been raining so much, the worms have all come out onto the road. When I take Spencer for a walk, he eats them. I think that he prefers the dead crusty ones. I try not to let him eat any but it is almost impossible. Is this bad for him?

BMDLuver
May 6th, 2005, 08:06 AM
Earth worms are actually full of protein and were at one point added to McDonald's Hamburgers so they should be fine. :eek: My one dog rolls on them forever and eats them.

Eleni
May 6th, 2005, 08:10 AM
hehe the worms in McDonalds is an urban legend according to snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/wormburg.htm

Eleni

BMDLuver
May 6th, 2005, 08:11 AM
hehe the worms in McDonalds is an urban legend according to snopes.com

http://www.snopes.com/horrors/food/wormburg.htm

Eleni
I had no idea... ooops! :o

Eleni
May 6th, 2005, 08:12 AM
its ok I beleived it too till someone on another message board pointed it out to me too LOL

Eleni

Beaglemom
May 6th, 2005, 08:33 AM
I'm sorry, but that worm in McDonald's burgers thing is just too funny! I wouldn't be surprised if it were true though, you just never know what's in fast food these days!

I'm not sure if worms are bad, I wouldn't let Spencer have them as a regular treat though! My beagle, Misty, loves frogs! At our cottage we have to be very careful when walking her because she will hop after the frogs and gobble them down. :yuck: She really does hop too. I don't get her fascination with frogs, the poor things. :(

Lucky Rescue
May 6th, 2005, 08:49 AM
I think I would RATHER eat worms than whatever stuff is in those "hamburgers". :rolleyes:

glasslass
May 6th, 2005, 10:07 AM
Remember that old jingle?

"Nobody loves me! I think I'll go eat worms!" something like that anyway.

For that reason, everybody, give your dogs a big hug! Save the worms!

kandy
May 6th, 2005, 11:39 AM
My son said that Parker was eating worms after a recent rain storm. He didn't realize that he was eating them, he thought he was only sniffing them until he saw part of one hanging out of his mouth. That was more than a week ago, and Parker hasn't had any problems so Spencer is probably OK. Why do dogs have such an interest in bugs?? :p Hazel has been chasing the ants outside my husband's building - I am surprised that she hasn't sucked any up cuz she sniffs at them so hard! :D

jiorji
May 6th, 2005, 10:28 PM
mmm tasty!!

i saw this Robin pull a poor worm right out of the ground. It was so gross!! lol
that poor thing was holding on for dear life. Sadly it had no arms to hold on with

Prin
May 6th, 2005, 10:34 PM
Survival of the fittest-- the worm with arms would survive that and procreate. :D LOL