Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Never argue with dental hygenist!

kandy
May 5th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I had to go the dentist the other day for my normal cleaning. I was talking about my new pup (my favorite topic of conversation :D ) and the hygenist started to tell me about how sick her old dog was. She told the dog is a 15 year old sheltie and has started to have all sorts of health problems mostly age related. The woman sounded really peeved that she had to spend $200 on this dog for the vet visit and medications (at least she took the dog to the vet) but then she said that she doesn't believe in putting a dog to sleep because that is mean. She said that she believes God will take the dog when it's time. I sooo wanted to say "so it's not mean to leave the dog in pain and have it suffer until God takes it???" :mad: I didn't dare say anything because she had the little pokey tool they use to scrape your teeth in her hand - I figured that if I made her mad, I would end up with little holes in my gums! I really hope that she wasn't serious and will not make her sheltie suffer just because she thinks that euthanasia (sp?) is mean. Well, that's my rant for today!

kandy
May 5th, 2005, 05:24 PM
I posted this in the wrong spot - meant to be in the off topic forum. How do I move something, or is that something a moderator has to do?? :sorry:

lilith_rizel
May 5th, 2005, 05:38 PM
Kandy, this is horrible. I know to some PTS sounds horrible, but the choice comes down to ending the suffering, or let them suffer, and people have to realize that in a case like that PTS is the better choice.......