Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

just one crazy hippie

Crazy Hippie
May 5th, 2005, 04:12 PM
Hey everyone! Your site seems pretty cool so thought I'd join in on your discussions...I stumbled upon this site while looking for a pot belly pig rescue site. Not quite sure how everything works but guess I'll figure it out! Btw, my name is a result of being called a "crazy hippie" by one angry circus goer last fall, while I was protesting a circus. Any fellow animal activists out there?
Jen :crazy:

BMDLuver
May 5th, 2005, 04:20 PM
Welcome to the board. How you got to Pets.ca while looking for potbellied pigs is a mystery though. Do you have one or are you looking for one?

happycats
May 5th, 2005, 04:21 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/8.gif

I think your really going to love this site, It may get a little heated at times, but's thats only beacause we feel so passionately about animals!!
So enjoy, and have a flame suit handy(just in case) :D

chico2
May 5th, 2005, 04:29 PM
Hi and welcome,I can relate to the Hippie part,I'm often called"an old hippie"by my son and I take it as a compliment..
If loving animals makes me an activist I guess then many of us are,there are a lot of cruel injustices out there done to our animals,wild or domestic..http://bestsmileys.com/hello/3.gif

babyrocky1
May 5th, 2005, 04:33 PM
Hi Crazy Hippie, my involvement in protest activities has inspirsed some pretty weird name calling as well, especially when my daughter was a teen and I EMBARRASSES her so much! Welcome, I cant wait to hear and see your existing or future Pot Bellied Pig! :crazy:

lilith_rizel
May 5th, 2005, 04:44 PM
I agree with the circus.... I never liked them much myself, nor do I care for animal races.......The only thing I agree with is Zoos, being that most of them are trying to bring up the population of many endagered species.

And I am a very big animal lover.

Pot belly pigs are the best. I asked James (hubby) for one, and he said he would get me one, if the on post housing (military) would allow us. But unfortunaly we aren't even allowed to have ferrets, or parots, or anything else that is exotic. So basically, small birds, cats, dogs, fish, hampsters, and rabbits is all we are allowed to have, and everything besides a dog and cat has to be kept in the cage at ALL times..... :sad:

kandy
May 5th, 2005, 05:28 PM
Welcome to the site! Please post pix of the pig! They are sooooo cute! I have seen a couple of posts on here about Pot bellied pigs - so I think a couple of the members must have them althought I couldn't tell you who they were.

CyberKitten
May 6th, 2005, 12:23 AM
I always wanted to be a hippy but was a little too young and to be frank, a little too middle class (sigh, boring I know!). But I like hippies!! Welcome!

Crazy Hippie
May 6th, 2005, 08:53 AM
Actually I don't have a pig yet but I was looking into it. I live in the city (London)..does anyone know if we're allowed to keep them in the city? I was looking for a pot belly pig rescue and I think that's why I got directed to your site. It picked up the "rescue" and this site had something about rescued kittens. I looked the site over and was pleased to see that some of you were talking about moving to farm areas so you could have animals (my mom is hoping to do the same within the next few years). Thanks for the replies, it's nice to meet you all! :thumbs up

glasslass
May 6th, 2005, 10:02 AM
I was the right age, but with a hubby in Vietnam, Hippyism just had no appeal for me. But I'd demonstrate for animals too! Welcome!

Lucky Rescue
May 6th, 2005, 12:59 PM
Hi and welcome!

London, ON or England? We are international here!!:)

Prin
May 6th, 2005, 09:32 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/welcome/18.gif
Welcome to the board!! Anybody who fights for animals is a hero in my book. They should have warned you though, this site is more addictive than tobacco... :) And I'm up for some piggy pics too!!
http://bestsmileys.com/animals/8.gif (the only piggy smilie I could find)

Princesss04
May 6th, 2005, 09:55 PM
Welcome :D

Crazy Hippie
May 7th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Oops I meant London Ontario. I was reading these postings about people wanting to buy farms in this area (well St. Thomas area) and I thought everyone was from Ontario. Silly me! And this site IS addicting! btw Prin thanks for the piggy pic..so cute! lol
I have quite a few animal friends myself...
1 bichon frise(I had 2 up until 2 weeks ago but my old boy passed away :sad: )
5 kitties (soon to be 4..my friend is "adopting" one, thank goodness!)
1 angora bunny and my sis has 2 as well

We are home to many orphaned animals from time to time..never know what we've got when you come over to visit hehe. I'm also a member of an animal rights group at my university..we try to educate the public on animal cruelty, cruelty in meat production/slaughter, and vegetarianism! And of course there are the protests..hence the hippie name lol. Anyone interested in swapping veggie recipes let me know! I have so many. :)