Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

toronto vet?/combonation veterinary care

KessyWessy
May 5th, 2005, 11:21 AM
We are looking for a new vet.

We want a vet who can educate as we go along, and we'd liek to combine conventional veterinary medicine with a more natural approach (eg)prescribe herbal remedies where approprate. I'm concerned that we might be overmedicating our pets, and we'd like a vet with the same view, who has the experise and experience to decide.
I've had a couple of try this and see if it clears up experiences, and I'd like to get away from that.

Any suggestions/experiences? What are your views?

I'm looking for a good vet in North York, but I'm willing to travel up to an hour away for the right vet.

We are currently with Willowdale Animal Hospital, nothing against them, really. I just find them too conventional, and not quite right for us, first time dog owners, running to the vet for every little thing, most times leaving with a prescription I'm not sure is 100% necessary.

We are considering Orchard Grove Animal Clinic on Avenue road. Has anyone ever gone there? What are your thoughts?

Beaglemom
May 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I have a great vet who does both conventional medicine and holistic. They are not in North York though, they are further south. If you like you can PM me and I will give you more information on them.

LL1
May 5th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I don't know if Ian is taking new clients, but there are quite a few holistic vets in Toronto:

Dr. Ian Buffett (mobile)
416-281-0852
also chiropractic and accupuncture

East York Animal Clinic
Paul McCutcheon, DVM
805 O'Connor Drive
416-757-3569

East York Animal Clinic
Cindy Kneebone, DVM
805 O'Connor Drive,
416-757-3569

Secord Animal Hospital
Joanna Milan, DVM
also acupuncture/nutraceticals/herbs
3271 Yonge St
416-486-1700

There is a large list for Ontario here: http://www.freshpetfood.ca/holisticvets.htm