- Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

toronto vet?/combonation veterinary care

May 5th, 2005, 11:21 AM
We are looking for a new vet.

We want a vet who can educate as we go along, and we'd liek to combine conventional veterinary medicine with a more natural approach (eg)prescribe herbal remedies where approprate. I'm concerned that we might be overmedicating our pets, and we'd like a vet with the same view, who has the experise and experience to decide.
I've had a couple of try this and see if it clears up experiences, and I'd like to get away from that.

Any suggestions/experiences? What are your views?

I'm looking for a good vet in North York, but I'm willing to travel up to an hour away for the right vet.

We are currently with Willowdale Animal Hospital, nothing against them, really. I just find them too conventional, and not quite right for us, first time dog owners, running to the vet for every little thing, most times leaving with a prescription I'm not sure is 100% necessary.

We are considering Orchard Grove Animal Clinic on Avenue road. Has anyone ever gone there? What are your thoughts?

May 5th, 2005, 11:25 AM
I have a great vet who does both conventional medicine and holistic. They are not in North York though, they are further south. If you like you can PM me and I will give you more information on them.

May 5th, 2005, 11:33 AM
I don't know if Ian is taking new clients, but there are quite a few holistic vets in Toronto:

Dr. Ian Buffett (mobile)
also chiropractic and accupuncture

East York Animal Clinic
Paul McCutcheon, DVM
805 O'Connor Drive

East York Animal Clinic
Cindy Kneebone, DVM
805 O'Connor Drive,

Secord Animal Hospital
Joanna Milan, DVM
also acupuncture/nutraceticals/herbs
3271 Yonge St