Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Learning Levels/Mental & Physical Growth of Kittens

JDG
May 5th, 2005, 09:48 AM
Marty and Minou who are brother and sister (born in the same litter/10Weeks old) are so different with their abilities. . .

Minou is very graceful, she can jump onto things in one go, she stands on her two hind legs (and she can walk a few steps too!), she pounces and bounds like 'pepe le pue', she jumps really high and lands on her feet, she figures simple problems out and solves them (like how to open the bathroom cuboard door). She is a little reserved though with her exploring. . .

Marty is a whole other kettle of fish. She is so clumbsy and skiddish. He can't jump on the couch in one try, he gets his claws stuck places, he jumps from heights (like when you hold him) and also falls off places (like the coffee table). He also hoards things - - - like the toys and pens from the office in his kitty gym. Marty will explore and get into anything and everything not nailed down. . .

. . . Its funny because marty has 6 toes. . . .so he does fit the saying 'ALL THUMBS'!!! :crazy: ;)

Colin and I were trying to figure out if Minou is 'advanced' or Marty is (for lack of a better word) 'slow'. . . or are they just normal and fine and we are reading into something that isnt there??? :crazy: :crazy:

They went to the vets yesterday for their 1st shots, deworming, and check up. . .clean bill of health. . .

Thank you! :P

Rita
May 5th, 2005, 10:01 AM
Hi Joey!
I don't know about the 'advance or slow' but I know that our Sam is the one that is always jumping up on stuff (counter,fridge,top of kitchen cupboards!!) and getting into things, but Pippin and Merri aren't as inquisitive. Also, Merri is constantly falling off of things, especially the bench at the front window; he'll lay down and start bathing but he's too close to the edge so he just rolls off!! :eek:

levimh
May 5th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Could it be a male/female thing? My two cats are unrelated and different ages, but my female cat is very smooth and graceful, where my male cat is really clumsy and like you said "slow".

Lucky Rescue
May 5th, 2005, 11:19 PM
I think it's a male/female thing! Boy kittens are often more clumsy because of their bigger paws and heads.

They're funny and goofy and very lovable.:)