Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Western Australia wants to ban pit bulls

tybrax
May 5th, 2005, 09:38 AM
Pit bull ban on the way"
(Simon Penn and Ben Martin)

Pit bulls and other dangerous dog breeds could be banned in WA as the State Government considers following the lead of NSW.

WA Local government minister John Bowler said such breeds had no place in society as they were bred to kill and he was considering legislating to ban them.

The NSW Government yesterday announced it was banning the sale, acquisition, breeding or giving away of pit bull terriers, American pit bulls, Japanese tosas, Argentinian fighting dogs and Brazilian fighting dogs.

The NSW decision follows recent attacks by pit bulls on a five-year-old boy and a 75-year-old man and Mr Bowler said it was only a matter of time before there were similar attacks in WA.

My god this is a joke,

Please meet the poster doggy Brax and the Prime minsiter scary Bob Carr.

This was a big suprise to me as l new nothing the poster.

Schwinn
May 5th, 2005, 09:44 AM
You know what kills me is that they talk about how these dogs were bred to kill, but not about how they were bred to be friendly to humans. When I hear things like that, it just tells me how little they actually know.

Akeeter
May 11th, 2005, 11:35 PM
IMHO, Aus. went nutz in so many ways in the last decade. This is just another manifestation of George Bush's Aus./Canada/ Great Britain etc. :sorry:

Another country that has bought in to, "The Land of the Freaked, & the Home of the Gnave :evil: ." philosophy. To be patriotic :confused: you must drive a Hummer, & be completely paranoid.
OR -
Don't worry about the Dog Fighters, (and all the other crappy things they bring to your community) worry about the DOGS. Even the dogs that aren't involved in fighting. -???????????????????