Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Her Hair Stood On End

Shaykeija
May 5th, 2005, 12:35 AM
Got the biggest laugh today at the mall. There was this pretty dog tied to a rail and the wiggle bum wanted some love. So I played with her and this other lady came up and was petting her too. She said she thought the dog was a big sucky baby. She started to talk about all those vicious attacks from pits and I said." Hey lady you are petting one of those killer dogs." I mean the woman when white. I thought that she was going to pass out.
Killer dog indeed. This was one of the most gentle wiggly butts that I have ever seen. My big laugh for the day. The pit was a beautiful 2 year old brindle. Big happy face on that one.

coppperbelle
May 5th, 2005, 05:58 AM
That's a great story!

Copper'sMom
May 5th, 2005, 09:12 AM
That is a great story but it also ticks me off a little because I just can't believe how ignorant people can be. I'm sure this lady was all for the ban, but did she even know what a Pit looked like??? Obviously not if she didn't know she was petting one!! So this goes to prove that people jump into situations with a blindfold on!

I just hope this lady learned a lesson - that not all Pitties are dangerous!!

Schwinn
May 5th, 2005, 09:39 AM
That's one of Cheryl's favourite games. Let people go all ga-ga over Daisy, then tell them she's part pit. One woman actually jumped backwards, and Cheryl said, "You know, she's no more dangerous then before you knew and she was licking your face." The woman actually apologized.

kandy
May 5th, 2005, 05:12 PM
I've seen people do the same thing with rotties. My hubby's family was having a reunion and we were bbq'ing at a local park when a rott pup came running up. His butt was wiggling and he was obviously interested in the bratwurst on the grill! :D One of the aunts started screaming about grabbing the kids before this rott attacked! :mad: I turned around and hollered that this was just a pup, and I didn't think he was going to attack anything (except maybe the grill! :p ). My hubby and I both petted him and talked to him. We noticed that he didn't have a collar or anything on and we were seriously thinking about taking him home so that he wouldn't get picked up by the dog catcher - we would've then put ads on the radio, paper, etc about the found puppy. His owner came looking for him about 15 or 20 minutes later - in a panic because the pup had escaped. After the hubby's family saw how friendly the dog was, they all settled down but I am thinking none of them would've been freaking out to begin with if it hadn't been a rott.