Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Puppy sleeping in lap

JJC
May 4th, 2005, 09:41 PM
As a sit here Tosa is asleep in my lap (around7:00-7:30 every night is nap time for her :)). She is almost five months old and about 20lbs right now. Should I continue to let her sleep in my lap untill she gets older and to big (which won't be long)? Or should I insist that she sleep on her bed next to me which she does without complaint. I thought that letting her sleep in my lap would help with bonding and trust. What do you all think?

Prin
May 4th, 2005, 10:01 PM
I don't know about shoulds or shoud nots. But I wouldn't put that doggy down... They're small for such a short time. Jemma is 62 lbs and we never saw her as a puppy. We still put her on our lap. Even 96lb Boo. Granted, my man has to put him on me sometimes on days where I can't lift him (he's over my limit), but he ends up on my lap anyway. :)

Lucky Rescue
May 4th, 2005, 10:59 PM
LOL - my 75lb, 5 yr old pit bull is definitely a lap dog!

What is that blue thing on her face?

JJC
May 4th, 2005, 11:22 PM
Heh, she is cuddly when she gets sleepy. Seeing how she doesn't protest when she sleeps on her bed I think she'll be fine for now in my lap every once in a while.

Lucky, that is a gentle leader on her nose. That was when she was first getting use to it and I kept it on her most of the time. I have since gone back to a flat collar because she just hated putting it on and an argument ensued almost every time. :rolleyes: That and it started to rub the fur off of her snout. I will say after using the gentle leader for a couple of weeks she doesn't pull nearly as much with the flat collar as before. Now it's back to the stop and turn training. :thumbs up

coppperbelle
May 5th, 2005, 06:01 AM
I have two lap golden retrievers. One weighs 75 pounds. The way I look at it is, if they fit.... :D