Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Spring is coming !!!

happycats
May 3rd, 2005, 07:57 PM
http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/1.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/7.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/flowers/8.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/flowers/15.gif

My favorite time of year !! Can't wait to start all my gardens, plant all my flowers!! :D

Lise
May 3rd, 2005, 08:05 PM
Oh me too,I keep checking to see what's coming up in up gardens.I love spring doggy swamp feet and all!!whoopeee!!!

happycats
May 3rd, 2005, 08:07 PM
Oh me too,I keep checking to see what's coming up in up gardens.

Me too, I check every day, and the weekend is supposed to be warm!!
can't wait!

Prin
May 3rd, 2005, 08:22 PM
I'm a winter baby... I wish I loved spring but it's really just the death of winter... Watching all that white gold wither away... (The heat gives me migraines. I have already gotten sun stroke once since the snow melted... It wasn't even hot outside...) :sad: My doggies LOVE winter too. They swim in icy cold water and don't mind (I don't like it at all...) pessimism pessimism pessimism... I'm happy for those of you who like it.. I know in montreal it's been a pretty long spring so far.

Lise
May 3rd, 2005, 08:22 PM
There is something so amazing about playing in dirt and watching things grow.There is so much wonderful new life and renewel.I've been watching geese fly over yesterday there was a flock of about a hundred snow geese mixed in with the Canada geese,they looked like snowflakes.We have grouse in our woods and this morning there was one displaying under an apple tree about ten feet away from me.Enjoy your gardening Happy Spring

melanie
May 3rd, 2005, 08:45 PM
winter is coming here, i fear it will be another winter of my discontent :mad: :sad:

moontamara
May 4th, 2005, 02:07 AM
It has been spring here, but I think summer has already started. Today's high was 27 :eek:

Copper'sMom
May 4th, 2005, 10:00 AM
Oh yes, spring is wonderful!

The snow melts and reveals piles of doggy doo-doo that you didn't get picked up in the yard because we had one snow storm after another or you work late so by the time you get home it was too dark out to go pile searching! :)

The grass starts to turn green again, only to reveal the spots that have been damaged by urine, which will have to be raked, reseeded, watered and blocked off from traffic. :) This also involves moving the dogs to another bathroom location!

Oh yes, and muddy paws!

Oh and of course checking the gardens! Now a days, I'm not sure what the heck is popping up in my garden! I can't tell which is a weed and what is my perennials! I usually don't know until they start flowering! :eek:

But really, spring is great. Not to hot, not to cold. And after a long, blustery winter, it's nice to see everything come to life again. :)

Rick C
May 4th, 2005, 11:56 AM
Keeper lounges on the steadily greening bald butt prairie southwest of Calgary. The leaves are budding now and the garden will go in pretty soon. We'll be trimming down the raspberry patch too.

Carrots, potatoes, strawberries, onions, tomatoes are the basics . . . . the Millarville Country Market with boatloads of Hutterite growings is only a 10 minute drive away on a Saturday morning so we get a little lazy.

Our garden is next to the small building and fence behind Keeper, the raspberry patch is visible as a reddish thing.

A badger mommy has set up camp about 40 feet outside our fence, just down the hill from our garden, and we expect she'll birth her kits in her hole in the ground as she, or another one similar, did two Springs ago.

http://www.goldentales.ca/P1040528_edited-1.jpg

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

BEAR_NZ
May 8th, 2005, 05:48 PM
oh... Rick C your baby is beautiful, and Happycats, i know how good it feels to be looking forward to the spring!In NZ now we are going into winter, and i have so missed being in Canada for the spring and (my favourite), The Fall. You guys have the most beautiful seasons!!! and what i loved the most was how the smell of the air changes and how green the trees get after being so barren in the winter. In NZ it is really beautiful, but the changes of season are not that dramatic. Only our japanese maple changed color in the autumn... i was so missing the maples in canada!!!Enjoy the beautiful gardening!!!and all the flowers blossoming. :crazy:

melanie
May 8th, 2005, 06:01 PM
ooooo we got our first frost today, wow it was chilly :eek:

had to wear a jacket to the park with charlie this morning, im very proud of myself today, i feel im a really dedicated dog owner and lover, i mean it was dam cold at 6am this morning but of course no matter what the weather i take her out for her run :D :angel: <thats me thismorn in the cold. i certainly did not see any one else out.

i notice around here all the other dog walkers and walkers in general disapear at this time of year, not to be seen again till september, they are a hell of alot smarter than me :D

but they dont have such a pretty beautiful dog like me either, she is sooooo pretty in the sunrise- she is caramel/orange and white in color and it just looks so darn pretty in the morning light, now who could not get up in the freezing cold for that and a cuddle :D i sure cant miss it .

oh well, time to start dressing up like a yettie or snowman, i like to be snug as a bug in a rug at all times :D

glasslass
May 9th, 2005, 07:02 AM
Another weekend of rain in sunny California! I look forward to working in the garden and it rains! We had a lovely Mother's Day brunch in my home for my mom and aunt, then spent the rest of the day driving to San Francisco Airport because my aunt's flight from Modesto to SF was cancelled because of the rain. At least we got her there in time to make her connection for the flight to Los Angeles.

happycats
May 9th, 2005, 07:04 AM
Hubby built me 2 new gardens for Mothers day!!!! Can't wait to start digging in the dirt!
Can anyone tell me what perennial flowers are good in a shadey area??
I prefer ons that bloom a long time.

glasslass
May 9th, 2005, 07:14 AM
Impatiens - bloom all summer in the shade up til the first frost.

happycats
May 9th, 2005, 07:40 AM
Thank you glasslass, and I just love them!

chico2
May 9th, 2005, 07:55 AM
Happycats,I spent Mothers Day splitting perennials...Hostas,Blackeyed Susans,Purple Coneflowers,Shasta Daisies...they ALL grow like crazy and have a loong bloomperiod.
I give them to my son,since he just bought a new,old house,with no garden..
Other no fail and easy to grow are the butterfly bushes, and you get tons of butterflies in the summer.I have too many to mention,but also a couple of Rhodos and a corner packed with yellow Day-lilies.
Some herbs are also very decorative,like Thyme and Lavender,but they often do not survive the winter....I also have several grasses,Love them...and Hydrangias(sp?)Clematis,Honeysuckle vines etc...etc..and tons of roses.
Happy Gardening Happy Cats :thumbs up