Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Weird Biting

Sneaky2006
May 3rd, 2005, 02:52 PM
Ok all you cat owners... do your cats bite your rings??
All of my cats have done this at one time or another, they rub their head against it (or the side of their mouth), then chomp down on it, usually only once and they're done until next time.

Also, I just got nail tips on and Sneaky rubbed her head on it and the side of her mouth (just like they do with the rings) and she went to chomp down on my nail and got the tip of my thumb instead! :evil: Ohhh does it hurt! I know she didn't mean to bite my thumb but I was just wondering if any other cats do this.

Eleni
May 3rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
yep mine do, and i have acrylic nails as well and have had similar experiences

eleni

Blaze01
May 3rd, 2005, 03:00 PM
Blaze ALWAYS bites my rings i always wondered why he did it...

Eleni
May 3rd, 2005, 03:10 PM
Ive always assumed they think it shouldnt be there and they are trying to remove it.

My senior cat will do this with my earrings as well whileim sleeping, talk about rude awakening :eek:

Eleni

Cactus Flower
May 3rd, 2005, 03:52 PM
Don't have any cats, but Raj chews on my nails all the time. She also "grooms" me with her teeth- which pinches, since I don't have fur!

SarahLynn123
May 3rd, 2005, 04:00 PM
yep all the time and not only rings and earings. He tries to chew and rip off small shirt buttons, snaps, zippers, and anything else he feels shouldn't be on clothing. Cuddle time can be a real pain in the @$$!

Rita
May 3rd, 2005, 04:04 PM
My Sam does that all the time ... rings, bracelet, necklace, watch, earrings, whatever!! I just thought maybe he was a jeweller or jewellery thief in a previous life :crazy:

Jackie467
May 3rd, 2005, 04:29 PM
both my cat and dog bite my rings, and when I have them fake nails. Not sure why except they don't think it's suposed to be there and are trying to groom us.