Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

somebody shoot me!

meb999
May 3rd, 2005, 10:24 AM
http://bestsmileys.com/panic/3.gif Have any of you ever been so overwhelmed with work that you just know where to start????? I have 4 final exams to study and 5 papers to write and I have a 30 minute oral presentation (in front of a class of 96 students)tomorow. All this needs to be done before monday (and I start my summer classes monday night....http://bestsmileys.com/fainting/1.gif) There's so much to do that I just want to drop out and hang out on pets.ca all day!!!

If it hadn't been for the strike that lasted forever, I wouldn't be in this much poo....ARRRRG, I've been working my butt off for two years to get a good gpa, and this semester is going to flush all that down the drain (I've already flunked one exam -- 52% --- my first fail EVER!!) http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/1.gif

could somebody shoot me please???

nymph
May 3rd, 2005, 10:42 AM
I almost wanted to stab myself at every final. There was one year that was particularly bad, the year of the ice storm, we had to squeeze our finals into 2 weeks instead of 3 weeks, so I had 4 finals in 5 days.

I remembered getting out the one final at 9pm on Thursday and went straight to my friend's condo in downtown Montreal and studied until 5 pm the next day, just before the last final. I had a rash for 2 weeks after the final due to stress. Yeah fun time!

Just hang in there!

raingirl
May 3rd, 2005, 10:53 AM
52% is a fail? That's odd. At my school 50% and above was a pass (not a great pass but a pass). I remember getting a final grade of 51% in biology as I hated the class. I only needed it to take another class that was a lot easier (didn't make sense to me).

I know what you mean though.

I remember my week of hell in second year, years ago. It was the week before reading week, I had 3 exams and 2 papers and a presentation. The week before was "scrub pub" which is a pub crawl across campus. I was starting to get a cold, and had to study but had purchased my ticket a month earlier so I decided to go anyway. I drank way too much though, and it was the one and only time ever I got a hangover. The next day my BF broke up with me (long time coming) and then the cold turned into pneumonia over the weekend and I was in the hospital. I missed all the exams and papers and presentations and had to make them up. I feel bad for the person I was supposed to do the presentation with, as it was a debate!!

You're in law school though right (if I remember)? I wish you luck though! I will send you all my study vibes!

kandy
May 3rd, 2005, 11:47 AM
When I was in college I had three part time jobs and carried 17-18 credit hours a semester. One semester I remember that I had night classes 4 nights a week. I also had a husband and a 7 year old to take care of. Of course, mine was only for an AA degree - a far cry from Law school! Good Luck and I'm sure you'll pull through!!

By the way - at the college where I work, anything less than 60% doesn't count towards graduation - of course the final grade for the course is what we look at, not any individual test scores. Did that test comprise a major portion of your final grade?

CyberKitten
May 3rd, 2005, 12:11 PM
I have been there too on more than a few occasions!! ((((meb999)))) Good luck!! You will look back with fondness on this time - when you are hard at work and wish you could be back in school when all you had to worry about were exams, lol I know it does not seem likley now.

I am sorry about the 52. Can you ask to retake it on some grounds or other? The strike? Get a medical certificate?

nymph
May 3rd, 2005, 12:27 PM
Failing a course isn't really that big a deal when you are out working. I used to think that my LIFE depended on my GPA, and almost wanted to commit suicide when I failed my elective Spanish course and had to extend my graduation for another semester (my last 6 credits for graduation).

Looking back today though, it was kinda funny.

CyberKitten
May 3rd, 2005, 01:40 PM
I agree with you too lumph! I recall the 1st time in univ I received a grade that I thought was horrible (It wasn't but that was my perspective - I was convinced the I needed all A's just to survive , my life depended on it, yada yada). I got over it thank goodness - for the most part, lol

Even failure can be good b/c we tend to learn more from the failures than we do the successes. Who sits down and analyses a great sucess?

Prin
May 3rd, 2005, 01:41 PM
oooooh the first fail!! That is HORRIBLE. I failed Organic Chemistry 2 and I knew it was coming but to see the F... Arhgh. The pain in my heart. Now I'm waiting for cell physiology in the same way and it doesn't get easier... (I just checked again and I managed a C+ YEYYYYYYYYY!! I answered 4 out of 100 questions on the final with certainty... YeYY YEYY YEY-- If I can manage a C+, I'm sure you'll do fine in everything too.. :) )

All I can say is ONE DAY AT A TIME. Don't look at all the work you have to do all week, look at how much you can do today.

Beaglemom
May 3rd, 2005, 01:55 PM
I know how you are feeling! It has been a few years since I have been in school (a part of me misses school!).

Anyway, I remember my first year of university. It was horrible! I had Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Math & Sociology! It was a killer year and my exams were all lumped together! I even had a panic attack during one of my exams!

I remember my chemistry exam like it was yesterday. I kept turning the pages because I didn't know the answer to any of the questions! I managed to answer some of them and somehow I passed the course.

Hang in there. Good luck!

CyberKitten
May 3rd, 2005, 03:05 PM
I majored in biochem and while I LOVED organic chem, analytical chem is another creature altogether!! At least w/ organic chem, I can relate it to something but analytical chem proved much harder in that vein.

Take care and take a deep breath meb. And yep, one thing at a time is the way to go. Lookking at all of it will just make you panic. :grouphug:

Princesss04
May 3rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Hang in there you can do it! You have made it this far to just give it up and die! LOL :D :eek: You can do it and when you do you will be so happy and proud of yourself it will make it all worth it. :D

Copper'sMom
May 3rd, 2005, 03:30 PM
Life wouldn't be life without stress! Hang in there girl! When it's all over and done with you can http://bestsmileys.com/drinking/10.gif!

meb999
May 3rd, 2005, 07:13 PM
I remember my chemistry exam like it was yesterday. I kept turning the pages because I didn't know the answer to any of the questions!

That's EXACTLY what happened in my nominate contracts class....It was just like a nighmare. I felt like the exam was written in chinese -- and the problem was that the more I told myself I didn't understand, the more I panicked, the less I understood....It's a vicious cycle!

Unfortunetly, that 52% is REALLY going to affect my grade, since the exam was worth 50% of my final grade (we're VERY lucky at the UQAM, there's a University rule against exams that are worth more than 50% -- alot of law programs give only one exam at the end of the semester). I'm trying to do damage control, and I'm studying my butt off to get the best grade possible in my final. The good news is the class average is 56%....so at least I'm not the only dummy!!!

Thanks for cheering me up, everyone!!! :D

meb999
May 6th, 2005, 09:28 PM
I don't think I'm gonna make it...it's saturday night, I still have 3 papers to write (all three due on monday) and I have a final exam on sunday (which I have to ace, since I got a 52% on the mid-term) AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!! http://bestsmileys.com/paranoid/1.gif

I wish we had 50 hour days it's the only thing that would save me!! http://bestsmileys.com/frustrated/7.gif

raingirl
May 6th, 2005, 09:34 PM
Um....it's Friday night...don't know if you missed a day in there somehow, but thought I should point it out in case it makes you feel better.

Prin
May 6th, 2005, 09:44 PM
Maybe we could all (illegally) write one for you... Even if we don't have a clue about... what are you studying again? I know how you feel though- no one can help me with my papers. I've passed all the biology friends I had so now it's all new people again (the old ones are almost a year behind now...). I'm "lucky" that there are next to no Biology summer classes...

Good luck though. :)

raingirl
May 6th, 2005, 09:46 PM
I have a good 50 page paper on Iron deficiency anemia in napoleon era populations of the carribean if you want it.

Prin
May 6th, 2005, 09:57 PM
You have one done or you want me to do it? I'm not sure I know about that... :o

meb999
May 7th, 2005, 06:54 AM
My goodness....I can't even get my days straight... I need sleep http://www.clicksmilies.com/s0105/ernaehrung/food-smiley-021.gif

Hey Raingirl, you think I could pass your paper on Iron deficiency anemia in napoleon era populations of the carribean as a paper on the effects of the jugement Pepsi-Cola Inc against S.D.G.M.R will have on labor juges on the right to secondary picketing in québec ???? I don't the professor will notice....