Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Can someone recommend a landscaper?

nymph
May 3rd, 2005, 08:38 AM
In Ottawa region, preferably in Kanata area. I plan to make a 10x14 patio with a landing area and a flower bed.

Many thanks.

raingirl
May 3rd, 2005, 10:06 AM
haha. If you were in Toronto area I would offer to do it. I had a landscaping job for a few years. It was quite fun! I love doing it. RIght now I'm doing my BF's brother's house front garden.

Don't know any out in Ottawa though. What kind of patio are you wanting (deck, stone, etc).

It's actually very easy to do on your own, except the deck part (i suck at woodworking). Making stone pathes is easy though.

nymph
May 3rd, 2005, 11:20 AM
hi raingirl: that's a shame! I would LOVE to have you do my patio. I'm looking to do a stone patio, with a landing area and 2 extra steps extending from the patio door to the ground.

Both my hubby and I are definitely NOT handy people, and our area is filled with rocks, so I don't want to get into doing it and find out later that I'll have to hire a contractor, and believe me it's going to happen! :cool:

Lizzie
May 3rd, 2005, 12:07 PM
There's a big landscaping company located on Bank Street right across from the Greenboro Park and Ride--sort of squished beside a car dealership. I forget their name but from what I recall they've been around a long time...

nymph
May 3rd, 2005, 02:00 PM
I know that one, it's on Bank @ Johnston right? It's a beautiful nursery, but I doubt they do patios.

Lizzie
May 3rd, 2005, 02:08 PM
Check this page out...

http://www.homerenovationguide.com/solution/landscaping-ottawa.htm

nymph
May 3rd, 2005, 03:22 PM
Thanks Lizzie! Very much appreciated.