Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

R.I.P. Bob Hunter

Writing4Fun
May 3rd, 2005, 08:28 AM
Here is a man who dedicated his life to this planet.
http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/cpress/20050502/ca_pr_on_en/obit_bob_hunter_2

May his eternity be forever green. :angel:

chico2
May 3rd, 2005, 08:37 AM
W4F,yes,Bob Hunter was a wonderful man :love: I am really saddened by his passing..he fought a forever fight for our environment and the creatures within it. RIP...Bob :sad:

happycats
May 3rd, 2005, 08:39 AM
The world has lost one of its biggest ally’s . :sad:
R.I.P. Bob Hunter

Princesss04
May 3rd, 2005, 10:28 AM
RIP Bob Hunter! Sorry to hear of his passing.

Copper'sMom
May 3rd, 2005, 10:51 AM
RIP Bob. Sure wish there were tons more people out there like you!

Shamrock
May 4th, 2005, 05:22 PM
I was very sorry to read of his passing. He was a remarkable man... an inspiration and a visionary who was the very foundation for bringing enviromental issues into the media spotlight - and with it, awareness.
He and a few others started the Greenpeace foundation right here in Vancouver, in a tiny little $50-a month office, saw it grow into the massive worldwide organization it is today. Because of these "roots" there is a very personal connection to Bob Hunter, and what he stood for in this city. Whether you agreed with his methods or his ideas, you couldnt help but admire his accomplishments.

He will be sadly missed, but I must say he must have derived great satisfaction from pursuing his passion, his life's work, and seeing the impact.

If there is one thing we would all wish for the sum total of our lives, there couldnt be a loftier goal than to try and make a real difference in our world, make it a better place.
Most of us do what we can - he succeeded on a level few ever do.