Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

so exhausted

raingirl
May 2nd, 2005, 05:35 PM
and all I did was clean the bathroom, do the laundry, wash the floors, clean Odin's crate, and go shopping! I'm pooped. And only like 1/5 of the laundry is done...

Does anyone else take a long time to clean their bathroom? It seems to take forever for me! After I clean everything off the floor, clean off all the surfaces, then wash the tub, the tiles, the toilet, the counters, the sink...then I gotta wash the floor, then wash the towels and bath mats..mirrors...empty the garbage...takes too long!! I hate cleaning..

lilith_rizel
May 2nd, 2005, 06:12 PM
Same here. I can't stand cleaning. On weekends, I just let the house go a bit. And get it back in shape on Monday. I am always exhausted by the end of the day.

Prin
May 2nd, 2005, 06:48 PM
I grew up washing the bathroom so I'm quick at it. Then again, my bathroom is pretty small. Use Vim. It's easy to scrub with (sink and tub). I've been using it since it came out. You just have to rinse it well.

I got a laugh from your post because I misread it-- This is what I read:
and all I did was clean the bathroom, do the laundry, wash the floors, clean Odin's crate, and go shopping, and I pooped.
I had to read it again because I thought, "No one in their right mind would add that to a list of chores...." http://bestsmileys.com/toliot/5.gif

raingirl
May 2nd, 2005, 07:21 PM
considering how little my brain is functioning right now....I wouldn't have been surprised if I had said that...

(and to top it all off my BF is in a hissy fit mood...not good when I'm to tired to think... I don't think he was too happy that I bought a filing cabinet, even though I need one because I am swimming in unorganized papers because Odin ate the box that was my previous holder of file folders!)

Prin
May 2nd, 2005, 07:25 PM
Was the filing cabinet made of gold, or what?

Sneaky2006
May 2nd, 2005, 09:16 PM
and all I did was clean the bathroom, do the laundry, wash the floors, clean Odin's crate, and go shopping, and I pooped That one made me giggle outloud... I was just skimming and saw that... I was like WTF? Why did she say she took a dump, like that's work?? :D

happycats
May 2nd, 2005, 09:35 PM
That one made me giggle outloud... I was just skimming and saw that... I was like WTF? Why did she say she took a dump, like that's work?? :D

For some it is!! http://bestsmileys.com/toliot/1.gifLOL

Sneaky2006
May 2nd, 2005, 09:53 PM
Haha! :D

Prin
May 2nd, 2005, 10:48 PM
She didn't say it, I read it. I hope Raingirl doesn't hate me after this...

meb999
May 3rd, 2005, 10:14 AM
when I read the first post I saw '' i pooped '' too!!! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/18.gif

I know how you feel Raingirl!! I hate cleaning. Because I'm a tad obsessive, it always takes FOREVER. And I don't get any credit for doing it !! http://bestsmileys.com/cleaning/4.gif

Eleni
May 3rd, 2005, 01:07 PM
oh my god that emoticon is SO funny

i used to LOVE love LOVE hosuework

however trying to get it done with 3 kids in toe has become my least favourite task.

I delegat some thigns to my husband that i cant do swafely with the kiddos awake and i hand the 4 year old the feather duster the 2 year old a rag and put the baby in his playpen and we get too it :)

you would be serprised where such short lil guys find dust :eek:

they do everything under 3 ft tall i do everything over, and re do everthing under 3 ft tall.

:thumbs up

Eleni

Eleni
May 3rd, 2005, 01:08 PM
my typoes in that thread were so bad im not even gonna edit them but instead add this disclaimer.

Never type and sleep at the same time

:p
Eleni

chico2
May 3rd, 2005, 01:28 PM
You guys are a hoot :D I've been cleaning house for 40 YEARS....Bathroom is always the last thing to be done...HATE it!!!
We stay in this smallish house because it has only 1 1/2 bathrooms,all the newer houses have at least 3 and that I could not deal with :evil:

kandy
May 3rd, 2005, 04:42 PM
I try to avoid housework!! :cool: I had to do all the housecleaning when I was young, and now I hate it. I do the things that have to be done (dishes, laundry, bathroom, etc) but I only do windows if they are so bad I can't see out and I pretty much ignore cobwebs. I also HATE the house I live in which I think makes a big difference. It probably doesn't help that we have been remodeling this house for so many years I can't even remember when we started - his mom owns the house and she pays for all the materials but we have to do all the labor. The house was built in the 1890's and I swear it is going to just fall down one of these days. We have a rising air furnace which dumps dust on everything - so even if I dust it looks just as bad within an hour or so. The house has a rock foundation, and has settled, so nothing is square. I could go on, and on, and on. Right now (by that I mean for the past year 1/2) we have been using the dining room for our living room because we are remodeling the living room. I am so sick of being crammed into such a tiny space :yuck: I wasn't really bugging my husband to get it done because he was trying to get his new business off the ground, and then he had to buy a building for his business because he lost the guy who shared a rented space with him and couldn't afford the rent on his own - but now his business is going good and he really, really needs to get that room done!!!