Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

removing scratches from porcelain sink?

raingirl
May 2nd, 2005, 03:12 PM
Anyone know how to remove scratches from a porcelain sink? We wash Odin's dishes in the bathroom sink (don't ask...long story) and they are stainless steel, but they cause greyish scratches in the bottom of my white sink.

I've tried ajax, baking soda, bleach, and vinegar. Nothing works! I heard of a product called Barkeepers friend, but I don't think they sell it in Canada....

We also have scratches in the tub from when we washed his crate and they are bugging the heck out of me!!

CyberKitten
May 2nd, 2005, 03:17 PM
I've heard rubbing toothpaste on the site should help.

Writing4Fun
May 2nd, 2005, 03:27 PM
I don't know about scuffs, but we fixed some chips in our porcelain sink with this stuff we bought at Home Depot called "Porc-a-fix" (what an awful name for a product that has nothing to do with ham, don't you think?? :p ).

Rita
May 2nd, 2005, 03:45 PM
We have a white kitchen sink so we are constantly battling with marks from washing pots & pans :rolleyes: We use a product called Gel Gloss (bright pink can) that we get at Home Depot ... comes in a spray or a cream. Works well for us ... gets out all the stains (coffee/tea/etc.) from the sink.