Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

switching Diamond's food

GsdDiamond
May 2nd, 2005, 10:18 AM
Hi Gang,
I just thought I'd share a little blurb:
Diamond has become fussy in her eating habits, to the point where she wouldn't eat for 2 days, and only choke down the food because there was nothing else.

Well, after reading some of the other posts about fussy dogs and the different types of food available, we decided to slowly change her food, but to what we weren't sure.

A trip to our favorite pet store (Pet Valu) to find a new choice for her to eat, and we saw the food Prin has been talking about... Solid Gold "Wolf King". We bought a small bag and mixed some into her food to see how she likes it. My goodness.....you think we were feeding her for the first time, every time we put her bowl down.

So, I'd like to thank Prin for mentioning this most wonderful food. Diamond couldn't love meal time any more than she does now!! :grouphug:

nymph
May 2nd, 2005, 10:34 AM
It's great to hear a positive feedback! :thumbs up

Last weekend I was babysitting a golden retriever and her usual diet is Costco's Kirkland brand chicken and rice puppy chow. My puppy Diego got a taste of her food, my goodness, I've never seen him loving his food this much! His whole face was buried in the feeding dish, buried! The golden retriever on the other hand LOVED Diego's Nutro, LOL

Does other dog's food always tastes better?

pamha
May 2nd, 2005, 10:55 AM
Whenever we babysat for my mom`s dog, she and our older dog always eat out of the others bowl. Neither was possesive about their dishes, so it worked out ok. Funny thing was though that neither would eat the others food if it was served in their own dish without the other dog around. Not sure if they liked the variety or thought they were getting away with something ;)

Prin
May 2nd, 2005, 11:52 AM
I hate to say it but "Told you so!" They RAVAGE it!! I'm tempted to try it myself, it seems so tasty. I'm glad it's working for your doggy. Wait till you see her coat!! (Oh and yes the stools are supposed to be like that... :yuck: )

GsdDiamond
May 2nd, 2005, 12:07 PM
I hate to say it but "Told you so!" They RAVAGE it!! I'm tempted to try it myself, it seems so tasty. I'm glad it's working for your doggy. Wait till you see her coat!! (Oh and yes the stools are supposed to be like that... :yuck: )

I'll take an "I told you so" in this case! Our pet store never carried it until just now, so we haven't seen it. We're going to keep buying the little bags, in case Ms Princess Puppy loses a taste for it. She's very fussy!!! :queen: I mean....after all, her registered name IS Baroness! :rolleyes:

Oh, the stools....nice color! I guess Beige is the best way to describe it...I think. :yuck: :yuck:

Thanks again Prin!! :thumbs up