Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Do your pets sit behind your chair?

Gary King
May 1st, 2005, 07:14 PM
My dog normally sits behind my chair at the dinner table, when I'm reading, eating, or whatever!

It's not really annoying or anything, but I find it strange for him to do that, since after 10 years, I would have thought that he knew that is not a safe location to be in - especially when someone is sitting there :)

Prin
May 1st, 2005, 07:44 PM
LOL look at the pic I took last week!! I was gonna start this thread, but I never did it. Notice how they always lie under the rockers of rocking chairs too? This is under the computer chair.

jiorji
May 1st, 2005, 10:54 PM
no.

mine sits under :D

cos she knows that when it's time to go back in the cage that's the place that's hardest to get her from. lol

melanie
May 2nd, 2005, 01:10 AM
well my little darlin is not allowed anywhere near me when i eat, i am top dog and top dog eats alone :D also have kids around so its not good to have adog around sml kids with food, pretty dangerous really, my nephew actually cries if she stares when he eats, it makes him feel guilty :rolleyes: .

but where ever i sit she is right there in the exact place im about to stand, and worst of all she is old faithful sort and sleeps right beside me at night, and that is right where i put my feet. i pretty much stand on her once a day, poor bugger but she will never learn :D

Daisy's Owner
May 2nd, 2005, 05:46 AM
When Daisy was smaller she would sit on my chair behind me at the computer. Now that she is bigger, we both don't fit, so know she will lie down under my chair.

nymph
May 2nd, 2005, 07:13 AM
Mine also sits under, or on my feet. :D

kandy
May 2nd, 2005, 04:23 PM
All of our dogs have always liked to lay under my husband's recliner, and the new puppy Hazel is no different. It is pretty funny to watch my husband try to get up without putting the foot rest down and not squishing the pooch at the same time! :D

Dog Dancer
May 2nd, 2005, 04:51 PM
Reminds me of one of my old cats who used to sleep in the sling of fabric on our recliner (between the chair and the footrest). He'd often be found hanging in there quite happily!

DogueLover
May 2nd, 2005, 04:53 PM
I was told that I should invest in a second pair of eyes when I got my Dogues. The breeder told me that they will lay down pretty much touching you at all times. AND they do. Tell me how you avoid tripping over two dogs weighing almost 300 lbs combined when they insist on laying down and having some part of their body touching you at all times. LOL
This is to be considered the highest form of flattery from your dog. It shows you how devoted to you they are as well as their need to be near you.
It melts my heart when I look down and find two wrinkle faces snoring at my feet.

STAMPDesigns
May 2nd, 2005, 04:59 PM
My cats seem to prefer sleeping on the top of my computer chair. Wouldn't be so bad, but throws the balance off when I get up. I now have to scoot in my chair to the side of my desk, make sure the back is against the desk before I get up, just so that our cats don't end up being throw across the room.

My kids are the only ones who think the foot area around the chairs is thier playing spot!

pollito
May 2nd, 2005, 09:40 PM
my baby has her own chair at the dinning table and her own cushion on it, she's just a part of family

Cinnabear
May 3rd, 2005, 12:17 AM
My dog will be in his crate at dinner, and the other one right next to the crate. His crate is under the table. :p When I'm on the computer one will sit behind me and the other in a nest of clothes left by teen dd. :D And if I'm watching t.v. one will sit beside me or at my feet. The other one sits on the love seat by himself.

doggy lover
May 3rd, 2005, 02:13 PM
My last dog use to sleep on my feet when I was cooking, which was ok when he was a puppy but at 120 lbs if was a pain in the butt.

Princesss04
May 3rd, 2005, 02:20 PM
My boys sleep by the chair or under it or on my feet! They do not sleep behing it though! :D