Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Makes Me So Mad!

Princesss04
April 30th, 2005, 09:30 PM
My family was all over here this after noon, anway my BIL had Meater laying on the floor and he started to spin him around, I told him to stop and told him he did not like it, and guess what he did not. Poor Meater got up and could not walk he was so dizzy and than he was picking on Chino (whcih normally likes people) and Chino went and hid under the counter. He was so scared and he was shaking. Poor Chino would not go to anyone the rest of the night execpt for Justin or myself. Sorry guys I just wanted to vent to someone. I told Justin that it is not right our dogs should not be afarid in their own house when he comes. :mad: :mad: :mad:

CyberKitten
April 30th, 2005, 09:37 PM
I think you have to ask yourself if it is worth it for him to visit? Or else make sure the pets are somewhere safe. Would you allow him to do this to your children?

Prin
April 30th, 2005, 09:51 PM
Why didn't you kick his a**?? I would have opened a can of whoopa** on this a******. :mad: I would NEVER put up with that crap. My brother is like that and I gave him one warning and then I took my dogs and LEFT.

twinmommy
April 30th, 2005, 10:17 PM
I would have been infuriated. I don't blame you for being pissed.

Your pets depend on your for a secure environment. You must be their voice, even in "touchy" family situations.

Tell you BIL that you can't handle his behaviour, and neither can the pets.

My FIL is like this, and these people are not that hard to comprehend--they LIKE animals--they just have an immature way of showing it. If you tell him how sickly your dogs were after his visit I'm sure he'll change his tune.

hounds003
April 30th, 2005, 10:41 PM
I'm with Prin, that guy would have left early, minus his nu*s. I know it's hard to speak up when it comes to inlaws but honestly you'll be surprised how much they back off (smarten up) when you do. I'm only saying this because there is some reason why you didn't put a stop to the spinning right away. Your a good person, obviously love your dogs. :D Just need to stand up to an idiot IL like this guy is. Maybe I'm relating this to much to my own situation(not dog related) but I'll tell ya, the day I blew a gasket was the best day ever! :D

Prin
May 1st, 2005, 12:53 AM
I'm shy when it comes to assertion, too, but when someone TOUCHES my doggies.... whooooo boy.. Stand BACK. Like I said, I don't tolerate it. These beasties are defenseless against this crap so you have to be their protectors.

Lucky Rescue
May 1st, 2005, 08:58 AM
I would never ever allow anyone in my home to do anything to my animals that I do not approve of and I don't understand how this person got to do this to both your dogs (or even to one of them).

Sure wouldn't happen here!! :evil:

The only trouble I had with family was my elderly mother in law, who liked to give my last dog food from the table, including things like pork bones and large sausages. I just told her if she didn't stop, then she would have to sleep on the sofa here so SHE could take him out at 3:00a.m. when he had the runs.:p

lilith_rizel
May 1st, 2005, 12:15 PM
Princess,

Next time your BIL is there, keep the dogs in a separate room. If he asks where they are, tell him that you don't want them to be frightened again like they were last time. Make sure he knows that is was him that frightend the poor babies, and maybe he will grow up...

CyberKitten
May 1st, 2005, 12:25 PM
I'm with Lucky on that - feeding the dog/cat/bunny I had a friend give "my" choc lab a piece of chocolate (she did not know better but I asked her NOT to give him anything - and specifically suggested she could buy him a bone if she wanted). She did anyway so I said if he is sick, she cleans it ip. (It was a tiny piece and he was not sick).

happycats
May 1st, 2005, 01:35 PM
Don't worry Princess, I know how you feel. Your afraid to say something, because you don't want to offend, or have someone anrgy with you, or you just don't want to make waves. (am I right?) I usd to be alot like that when I ws younger.
You have to be strong, and you have to be Chino and Meaters voice (as they can't speak for themselves) and take on the attitude, "who gives a crap what people think!!" You have to do whats best, and most importantly whats right.

I know this sounds crazy, but practice what you will say to your BIL next time he comes over and torments your dogs. After all it's their home, and they shouldn't have to be locked up, ,you BIL needs to be told that his behaviour will NOT be tolerated.

melanie
May 1st, 2005, 05:01 PM
qwho cares if he is BIL, smack him up the side fo the head and kick him out of your home. do you really want to associate with someone who treats animals with such disregard??

Princesss04
May 1st, 2005, 10:20 PM
You all are so right! I told Justin I am not taking it next time. Poor Chino is still actting afarid when people comes over and he has never done this before. I feel so bad I told him to stop and he would not answer. Justin is going to make sure it stops. Thanks you all I just needed someone to talk to and vent on. Thanks again.

Prin
May 1st, 2005, 10:31 PM
I'm glad you didn't think we were too harsh for you... ;)

Sneaky2006
May 1st, 2005, 10:57 PM
I am so sorry that happened to you princess. I know exactly how you feel... I have an ******* BIL also, he's never seen Yukon yet and I hope he never does, he normally does crap like that to my son, being way too rough. My sister is very sensitive so we've never said anything directly to them, we just make sure he stays away from the kids... I always tell people that he doesn't know any better, and I really don't think he does. :(