Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

More nearly unreported tragic news about a "pit"

seeker
April 29th, 2005, 11:08 PM
I read a story in the Newmarket Era about a pitbull someone found . They took it to the vet in Stouffville but it was too late as it had 2 cuts in the neck one that severed an artery.
The SPCA is investigating . I understand that this is not uncommon with people that use the dogs for fighting to do if the dog looses or will not fight .

babyrocky1
April 30th, 2005, 11:45 AM
I wonder if we start writing to editors etc, about some of these assaults and murders of dogs if we can get people to start taking it seriously!! Remember those horrible kids that skinned a kitten in thier so called film, OCA students Im ashamed to sad :sad: if we can start to link up these horific happenings maybe peple will start payig attention. Bryants contempt for these animals seems to be making these freaks think these kinds of things are acceptable. We heard presentations at committee that the media likes "patterns" I see these things as a pattern, thats for sure. :mad:

twodogsandacat
April 30th, 2005, 12:09 PM
Actually you would think that the undeniable link between animal abuse and abuse in general wouldn’t be lost on an Attorney General. Maybe somebody hasn’t connected the dots for him.

You are correct that this kind of abuse is often at the hands of dog fighters. Dog fighters are involved not only in the illegal activity of dog fighting but many other crimes as well. Pursuing them will increase public safety. Under Bill 132 the same penalties for training a pit bull to fight apply as for walking a pit with out a muzzle, which shows that Bryant is an idiot. Also it does not say that it is illegal to teach a Rottweiler to fight only pits.

Although pit bulls may be brutalized by dog fighters the even sadder reality is that dogs of all breeds are brutalized by just plain sick individuals. By pursuing these criminals public safety truly would increase. People capable of these crimes are a threat to human beings and just as they pick on animals weaker than them their human victims will also be weaker than them. These individuals are what the Attorney General should label as ‘inherently dangerous’ not the victims.

babyrocky1
April 30th, 2005, 02:39 PM
I couldn't agree more, I know that studies show that people who start off abusing animals often move on to people!