Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

What's your favourite pet movie?

Shamrock
April 29th, 2005, 03:05 PM
Seems appropriate for this site, doesnt it?
Movies about cats and dogs - or any other animal too.
Have an all time favourite, an animated or regular movie?

I really loved Babe! There are others too- just cant think of them. ;)
Pet films can be very amusing.. and also very touching.

CyberKitten
April 29th, 2005, 03:15 PM
Although I love the book better (the book being The Incredible Journey), the movie Homeward Bound (original one) is my fav pet movie. The three- a terrier mix, a Siamese cat and a lab - make it through some horrible times and many obstacles - to find their home!

A second fav - tho a comedy really - is That Darn Cat. Love DC, the Seal Point Siamese, lol

Sneaky2006
April 29th, 2005, 03:35 PM
I love Homeward Bound too, and Lady and the Tramp, it's so cute!

heidiho
April 29th, 2005, 03:59 PM
Turner & Hooch................

Prin
April 29th, 2005, 04:27 PM
Babe and Babe in the city... Only the second was a little scary for me. Then there is As Good As It Gets-- any dog who can pretend to have OCD should get an award... And then Monsters Inc (they count as pets right? --it's the movie Boo's name came from). And last but not least, Cast Away. I mean if he's not an animal, I don't know what he is. :)

kayla
April 29th, 2005, 04:29 PM
I always loved Black Stallion. Not a cat/dog movie but though I'd put it in anyway!

JDG
April 29th, 2005, 04:59 PM
MILO & OTIS all the way!!!!

Joey

babyrocky1
April 29th, 2005, 07:19 PM
Turner & Hooch................
I LOVED Turner and Hooch and actually met Hooch going into his premier in Toronto. He got out of the limo in a tuxedo! Tom Hanks never made it though! I love the scene where he leaves Hooch in his apartment the first time! Hey someone just asked me what breed Hooch was, I guess this would be the place to ask that kind of trivia.

CyberKitten
April 29th, 2005, 07:24 PM
Hooch is a Dogue de Bordeaux, an almost classic one! And I loved that movie too!!

babyrocky1
April 29th, 2005, 08:05 PM
Thanks Cyber Kitten, Im at work and we were just talking about it, Ill go and tell everyone now and impress them with how knowledgeable I am ;) lol

glasslass
April 29th, 2005, 08:17 PM
The Grizzly - I think that was the name. An orphaned cub befriended by an adult male. Lots of great scenery too. And I will always love all the Bengie movies. Call of the Wild and Where the Red Fern Grows. So many great ones over the years!

happycats
April 29th, 2005, 08:25 PM
Cujo, I even loved him when he was mean! I thought, this is payback for all the horrible things people do to animals :evil: :evil: .

And free Willie :)

Writing4Fun
April 29th, 2005, 08:26 PM
The original Black Beauty is a classic. :love: I'm partial to animated movies myself, and being a Bugs Bunny fan, anything by Chuck Jones is OK by me. ;) So I'd have to list Rikki Tikki Tavi as one of my all-time faves. :thumbs up

lilith_rizel
April 29th, 2005, 08:39 PM
I love Charlotte's Web.........

twinmommy
April 29th, 2005, 08:49 PM
Willow was a very cool movie, and also Stuart Little...and Stuart 2!!! :love:

happycats
April 29th, 2005, 09:20 PM
Dr Dolittle, I just loved the rats :D

CyberKitten
April 29th, 2005, 11:23 PM
I recall there were three horror movies one night regading cats. This was when I was a teenager b/c I gave up horror flicks after The Exorcist. I had to sleep with the light on that night!

Anyway - in these three -one was about cats who got even with someone who murdered their human. (I thought it was poetic justice and did not find it that gory , sort of rooting for the cats - not my finest our in human terms maybe but it really was someone getting what they deserve.) Her three kitties manage to lock this murderer in a small room and they proceed to jump on him, scratching, clawing, chewing - well you get the picture. Bloody and not for the squeamish but I amn ot even squeamish at autospies so it was not bad really. It was a very strange movie and I do not know the name - some grave B or C (if that have that letter, lol) horror thing.

I have written a few short stories about cats (and have not had time to publish them) but mostly they involve Siamese, lol but I've been thinking I;d like to write a story about a human who hates cats and deliberately hurts several and someone with special powers sees one of these actions and in spite of her rule not to use her powers for bad things to happen, something occurs and she turns this person into a cat and this cat then is thrown out by the person's spouse and has to go through being a feral and all the terrible things that happen. The cat would be rescued in the end and I have not decided whether the person would recall the experience and become a better human being. I am not big on that kind of story (special powers et al) tho I do like the Harry Potter series if only for the sattire - and good triamphing over evil and all that. But anyway.... we'll see, lol

Writing4Fun
April 30th, 2005, 11:19 AM
Hey CK, have you ever seen "Cat's Eye" by Stephen King? I'm a colossal coward when it comes to horror flicks, but this one wasn't that bad. You follow this cat around, and during his travels, he witnesses a bunch of little "horror short stories". In the end, you find out that this cat is actually trying to get back home to his little girl. It touches on that whole "cats steal babies' breath" myth. Turns out it's not the cat that does it, it's some kind of gremlin/monster and the cat is actually the one who saves the little girl's life in the end. :D I believe Mr. King is a huge cat lover. :thumbs up

CyberKitten
April 30th, 2005, 01:55 PM
I have not seen Cat's Eye. I presume it is also a book of his? The only King movie I've seen was Delores Claiborne b/c I was assured it was not too grisly. Also saw part of one whose name escapes me - girl who returns from the grave at the end of the movie tp drag someone in with her - too spooky for me!!

I'll look for Cat's Eye tho. Is it gory? Scary?

And yes I do think Mr. King does indeed like cats. He is a Red Sox fan so he must be pretty kewl, lol

Cactus Flower
April 30th, 2005, 02:09 PM
The Bear.

I think that's the movie you are referring to, GlassLass?

It's my favorite, too. But Bears are my favorite wild animal.

There is no dialogue in the movie at ALL. You just watch the story unfold. It's amazing.

Prin
April 30th, 2005, 02:25 PM
I totally forgot about Dr Dolittle... I know it's obvious, but I love the german shepherd going for castration-- "I'll never look at another woman again... I promise.. HELLL-OO there!!" :)

Lissa
April 30th, 2005, 03:19 PM
I loved the movies: Old Yeller, Fluke, White Fang, The Echo of Thunder, Black Beauty (1994), Turner and Hooch and Cats and Dogs (where the cats are trying to take over the world - I laughed so much!)

The Incredible Journey and Homeward Bound were enjoyable to, as was Far From Home...I also liked Where the Red Fern Grows (but its so sad to watch!)

For animation: All Dogs Go To Heaven, Spirit, Stallion of the Cimarron and Balto.

Huge list, I know - but I love pet (animal) related movies, they are all so touching!! I saw a program once that criticized people for liking animal movies, saying the human beings were taking the easy way out, because it is easier to relate to animals and feel their suffering. So instead of caring or
"flocking" to see movies about human suffering, people just ignore it. I was so mad because it was like the guy was trying to say that caring for animals and what happens to them was a bad thing!! RUDE!

Melissa

Jackie467
April 30th, 2005, 04:19 PM
I love all pet movies. I really like homeward bond, and milo and otis is one of my faves. I loved the book where the red fern grows. I had to read it for school but ended up failing the last test becaue once I got to the part where Ann got cut down her stomach I refused to read any further. lol i'm a wuss when it comes to animals getting hurt.

chico2
April 30th, 2005, 04:30 PM
Prin you took the words right out of my mouth,I nearly peed my pants when that GSD was going to be neutered,soooo funny :D :D
I love ALL the movies you all have mentioned,but I only watch movies with a happy ending for the animals"The Bear"although a beautiful movie,ended kind of sad. :sad:

Lizzie
April 30th, 2005, 08:36 PM
I know it's not technically a "pet" movie, but the dog in As Good As It Gets is the only reason I enjoyed the movie. It's got to be my faviourite pet movie!

nymph
May 2nd, 2005, 10:54 AM
It's a Japanese movie about a guide dog named Quill. After watching this movie I decided to get a dog of my own. The movie was based on a true story. The novel and movie sold millions of copies throughout Asia. I'm definitely going to get a DVD if it releases in North America. There was very little conversation in the movie, but anyone could feel the emotional bond between Quill and his owner.

http://www.shigekazu.tv/movie/img/2004/quill.jpg

nymph
May 2nd, 2005, 10:59 AM
I also LOVE Jacques Perrin's documentaries, i.e. Microcosmo & Winged Migration, I must have watched these 2 at least a dozen times. The music in every one of Perrin's movie was superbe as well.

http://www.sonyclassics.com/wingedmigration/images/splash_wing_yes.jpg

heidiho
May 2nd, 2005, 11:02 AM
I forgot about Cujo,great movie.

glasslass
May 2nd, 2005, 04:07 PM
The Bear.

I think that's the movie you are referring to, GlassLass?

YES!!! That's it! LOVED it!

doggy lover
May 3rd, 2005, 04:10 PM
Snow dogs I just loved watching the dogs oh yeah and Babe. I just love the border collies.

Copper'sMom
May 3rd, 2005, 04:20 PM
The Fox and the Hound - this is sort of where I got the name Copper from!
Dr. Dolittle -- funny!!

ohh i know there's more, i just can't think of them right now!! :mad: I have a bad memory problem!!

babyrocky1
May 5th, 2005, 08:15 PM
The BEAR, I had forgotten all about that movie, now I cant really remember the story, just how sad it was when the baby bear lost its mom, and I was watching it with my daughter so looong ago. I wonder if one could still find that movie, Id love to see it again! Didn't the bear get high on mushrooms at some point? :crazy:

happycats
May 5th, 2005, 08:18 PM
does anyone remember Benji :o

Sneaky2006
May 5th, 2005, 09:50 PM
I forgot about Andre! Anyone see that one?

Prin
May 5th, 2005, 10:37 PM
I forgot about so many of these... Snow dogs (despite the critics and the fact that the ads were so not an adequate representation of the movie), Benji, the bear (only I cried all the way through it on account of the first scene), and who could forget "Cats and Dogs"? I love the role of the doggies in that movie. :)

Joey.E.CockersMommy
May 14th, 2005, 12:29 PM
My kids love Cats and Dogs they watch it about once a week. There is a beagle in the movie called Lou, the boy in the movie is not too fond of this dog at first so he calls the dog Lou as in "Loser." So now my kids ask if they can call their dog Loser !! Nooo!!!

technodoll
November 12th, 2006, 12:12 AM
It's a Japanese movie about a guide dog named Quill. After watching this movie I decided to get a dog of my own. The movie was based on a true story. The novel and movie sold millions of copies throughout Asia. I'm definitely going to get a DVD if it releases in North America. There was very little conversation in the movie, but anyone could feel the emotional bond between Quill and his owner.

finally saw this movie tonight... saw it on the rental shelves a few months back and took the plunge. i wouldn't say it's a happy movie, or particularly well-done, but it was easy to watch... i just felt sorry for the poor dog (Quill) who only seemed to have warm human love for the first and last years of his life :( anyways just IMO. rent it and see for yourself...

Golden Girls
November 12th, 2006, 10:10 AM
If it's not a happy movie ... I'll pass, but thanks for heads up :)

Seeing this threads revived, I'll vote Homeward Bound but the best best has to be Bambi - I know :o but I still love that movie

crazyk1020
November 16th, 2006, 12:48 PM
My favorite all time movie is Lady and the Tramp...I get teary eyed every time I watch it.

Rottielover
November 16th, 2006, 02:58 PM
turner and hooch all the way, the K9 with james belushi

brandynva
November 18th, 2006, 06:02 PM
How about 8 Below? I cried like a baby. And I love All Dogs go to Heaven. I wanted to have a dog named Charlie because of that movie, but never had a dog that fit! And who could forget LASSIE??? I had a Lassie growing up and that would be my dream dog.

erykah1310
November 19th, 2006, 02:15 AM
When I was younger, my all time favorite was " the cat from outer space" I would love to find it again, all i can remeber was this cat could open doors and all kinds of nuts things with his collar...

After that I would have to say White Fang ( also would love to find)

Lola Bologna
November 19th, 2006, 08:06 AM
I have many favourites depending on theme. Some that come to mind at the moment are Pet Cemetery. The book is even better, by Stephen King. I though Stewart Little was cute. Finding Nemo was extremely hilarious and funny, especially the scene in the dentist's office with the little girl with red pigtails, the seagulls "mine, mine, mine, mine! Dora the fish was so funny.

Lola

SueNRay
January 7th, 2007, 08:53 PM
She= Charolettes Web
He= The Incredible Mr. Limpet -Don Knotts

Kristin7
January 25th, 2007, 08:47 PM
My fav pet movie is probably the original 'The Incredible Journey'. I haven't seen the remake. I have lots more favorite pet themed books, a few which were mentioned already (Pet Cemetary, Old Yeller for instance). There are so many others it makes me want to find my old book collection and go thru it, but my parents have it. Maybe some other time...

katwoman
March 9th, 2007, 05:51 PM
I love watching garfield1 and 2.I also love watching turner and hooch,i also like babe,snowdogs,cats and dogs.But i love watching the grinch his dog is just scared of him but it's a good film.

calicogal
March 16th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Fly Away Home with Anna Paquin