Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

bringing Odin to work tomorrow

raingirl
April 28th, 2005, 08:29 PM
After finally getting some good luck, I am going to pick up 5 weeks of paycheques tomorrow from my employer (working from home right now...the last paycheque got lost in the mail, and returned to them today, so I get the last one, and tomorrows pay cheque! Whoo Hooo!).

Anyway, both the secretary, who's brother has a bulldog, and the accounts lady, who has a schnauzer (spelling??) *told* (not asked, told) me to bring Odin with me as they really want to meet them. I asked them both at separate times whether it was ok to bring him in the building, and they both said yes it was no problem.

For some reason, I'm still worried that someone will make a stink about it. it's probably just my social anxiety fear creeping up on me, as I hate conflict and will avoid it at all costs. I'm worried someone will make a big scene if I get caught. Am I overreacting when they both said it would be ok? What if I misunderstood them??

Prin
April 28th, 2005, 09:58 PM
Why not ask your boss, to be clear?

SnowDancer
April 28th, 2005, 10:28 PM
I would check with your boss to be on the safe side. Also, if Odin tends to be protective of you in an official or strange environment, you might better leave him at home. Sometimes a dog will rightly or wrongly sense "vibes".

raingirl
April 29th, 2005, 08:49 AM
My boss isn't in the office this week, so I can't ask him anyway. It's a smallish office, as they have offices all over the country, and most of their employees work from home. they are also very casual, and wear jeans all the time....

Odin is fine with people. he loves meeting people. I'll at least bring him for the drive...then run in and get my cheque.

Luvmypit
April 29th, 2005, 01:59 PM
You should be fine and there is no reason someone would flip out. If anything they may just mention something. I have brought capone 2 times into the office just to show him off as my BF had picked me up with him.

raingirl
April 29th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Well, I brought him in and Odin had 5 people on the floor petting him and scratching him and he loved it!! He didn't want to leave!! Unfortunately he's shedding right now, so he left a little hair on their green carpet. Oh well!!