Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Idea for adoption events :-)

Vas
April 27th, 2005, 07:56 PM
Hey guys!

I was thinking about how it would be possible to raise more funds so you can help more animals in need. I don't know if I'm wrong, but I get a feeling that people can be very reluctant to donate money when they get nothing in return. I know there are some rescues who are now offering a little toy to thank all supporters or sponsors.

I have an idea for adoption events! What do you think if during the event people could buy a home made cookie or cake and a cup of tea or cofe in order to support animals? That would encourage people to donate and support even if they just came by to take a look. I think that would be nice and may be it would be helpful to raise some money for animals in need.

Thanks for your work!

poodletalk
May 13th, 2005, 06:00 PM
SPCA Monteregie, the largest no kill SPCA in the Province of Quebec, has many events, where people volunteer their services baking cakes, cookies, squares, fudge and much more. This is a great side fundraiser that helps bring in extra money to the shelter. If you attend their dogwalk on May 29th, you will see an example of the volunteers baking skills and craft skills. They will also be selling hotdogs, chips and sofdrinks for lunch.

Prin
May 14th, 2005, 04:30 PM
I saw the SPCA booth at the dog show last December had cookies to buy. Unfortunately the doggy ones had chicken in them and the human ones had oats in them... (Boo can't eat chicken and I can't eat oats). It's hard to nail every nail on the head... :rolleyes:

I suggest buying dog toys cheap in bulk and selling them at a profit... Mira has playing cards, key chains, license plates... etc etc. Tons of stuff.

poodletalk
May 14th, 2005, 05:50 PM
That was the Montreal SPCA at the dogshow not Monteregie. Monteregie has T-shirts, calendars, pins, food (dog cookies and human cookies) and crafts for sale. Today Monteregie SPCA had a huge booksale in Greenfield Park.