Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Here's the Coyote

kandy
April 27th, 2005, 08:52 PM
Here is a couple of pix of my coyote - Sheena

I know that I have better ones, but I can't find them - I think I am missing a box of photos! :mad:

kandy
April 27th, 2005, 08:54 PM
And the famous early warning system!! She would try to call in your lap if there was a rattle snake anywhere close - she was never wrong!

kandy
April 27th, 2005, 08:56 PM
This is Boon - our gift from God that was thrown over our fence right before Christmas one year. She was about 2 weeks old when she was abandoned. This is her normal look - smiley!

I'll need to take a new pix of the lizards - can't find a good one of them!

Prin
April 27th, 2005, 10:33 PM
I think that last one is smiling.. Cute, very furry watch doggies you have! :)

Cactus Flower
June 4th, 2005, 04:33 AM
I'm sorry, but that does not look like a coyote to me (we have plenty out here). Is this an affectionate (non-literal) term for your dog?

Here be a coyote:

Terrie
June 4th, 2005, 05:31 PM
Wow a coyote's not much different then a German Shepherd.
A GSD is bigger it seems. They are beautiful anyways.

Schwinn
June 4th, 2005, 06:12 PM
I usually spot a coyote by the anvil they are carrying...

Cactus Flower
June 4th, 2005, 07:09 PM
LOL Schwinn!!

mona_b
June 5th, 2005, 01:33 AM
Sheena is definately not a coyote.

And sorry Terrie,but a coyote is very much different than a GSD... :)

I have seen my share of them around my sisters area.

Cactus Flower
June 5th, 2005, 01:46 AM
I hear them almost every night out here in the sticks. This state is extremely populated by coyotes. They're constantly dashing across the street at night when you drive, or even just standing near the roadside.

I see them dead by the road, have seen them in cages on display at a "natural retreat" type of ranch, and even saw- and touched- one that was on the end of a chain (although it was not completely tame, and no wonder).
This fellow that lived in a tent out in the middle of nowhere was startled by a coyote one day (and vice versa) and threw a rock at it- hitting the pup that cowered behind it. It broke the pup's leg, and he ended up trying to take care of it. It grew up on the end of a chain, next to his tent. He reasoned that it would be rejected by the pack if he released it, and would never survive on its own :sad: .

Cactus Flower
June 5th, 2005, 02:01 AM
And sorry Terrie,but a coyote is very much different than a GSD

*****Amen! :D*****

Writing4Fun
June 5th, 2005, 11:44 AM
People keep telling me Phoebe looks like a coyote. :rolleyes: I think it's her big ears and funny, cow-licky fur. :p I've never seen one in person (except for zoos, and of course, dead on the side of the road), but I hear them at night, chasing whatever prey through the farm fields behind our house. Hubby and the guys see more of them when they're out on their dirt bikes. We had a rabbit in our yard the other day, though, so I'll bet the coyotes aren't as far as I think they are. ;) I think we're seeing a lot more of the wildlife these days because the skeeters & black flies are so bad, they're driving them out of the cool forests, out into the open.

Cactus Flower
June 5th, 2005, 01:44 PM
Phoebe is SO pretty (and I love that name, by the way). Looks like she did a number on that ball!

But a coyote? LOL LOL. She doesn't look like a coyote, unless you count the "I'm gonna catch that roadrunner" grin!

Writing4Fun
June 5th, 2005, 02:04 PM
Thanks CF. :) Actually, I think the lawnmower did the number on the ball. All Phoebe likes to do is shred the green fuzzy stuff. How do you like her white moustache? She has a matching goatee that doesn't show up well in this pic. It's kind of funny to see all the white, since just turned a year in April! :eek:

Schwinn, that's pretty funny. Every time someone mentions "coyote" to me, I think of the little umbrella. :p

Cactus Flower
June 5th, 2005, 02:27 PM
The moustache is darling. Sometimes it's just part of their coloring. Raj has white on her muzzle that's been there for as long as I've had her, and people now and then will say "Ohh, she's pretty old, huh?". So funny.

Princesss04
June 6th, 2005, 11:40 AM
I love Phoebe she is so pretty! I love her ears as well! :pawprint: