Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Love of my life

Katlovermorf
April 27th, 2005, 05:44 PM
I was a very lucky individual Thursday, April 21, 2005. I have a female stray cat that runs around my neighborhood. She choose me to help her birth a single kitten. It was a little girl. She was a Calico/Tabby Mix. She had white slippers on her front feet and thigh-highs on her rear feet. She was mainly Tabby with a few brown Calico markings on her face. Over the weekend, the weather was very cold and "Momma" and I did everything to keep "Socks" warm. She made it through the weekend and on April 27, 2005 "Socks" was taken from us by a male stray cat. "Momma" and I are greiving in the same way. I miss that baby and I was ready to change my life to make sure "Socks" grew up to be a beautiful cat. She will be missed. I want to find a newborn kitten and help her grow up, but "Socks" can never be replaced. Rest in Peace, "Socks". We Love You!!!

kandy
April 27th, 2005, 05:56 PM
I am so sad to hear of this! :sad: Poor baby kitty.... :grouphug:

Lucky Rescue
April 27th, 2005, 05:59 PM
That is so sad.:(

This little newborn kitten was left outside? What's happening with the mother cat?

Katlovermorf
April 27th, 2005, 06:09 PM
That is so sad.:(

This little newborn kitten was left outside? What's happening with the mother cat?

Unfortunately she was, because I was not able to bring "Momma" in because of my cats. "Momma" continues to come on my back patio and everytime she looks in the crate I gave her to raise her baby in, she sits at my back door and cries. I know how she feels, because I was willing to change my life for "Socks". I now wish I would have brought them in, but wild life is wild and there is nothing I can do now. I feel so bad and regret not following my instincts.

Lucky Rescue
April 27th, 2005, 08:22 PM
One thing you can do to make things better is to get the mother cat spayed.

Cats are not wild and have none of the breeding restrictions of wildlife.

By spaying, you will saving her and all her future kittens from suffering and dying as well.

This can be your tribute to that poor little baby - to make sure it doesn't happen again.