Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Dog Parks in Richmond Hill, Thornhill area North of Toronto???

shoshanna88
April 27th, 2005, 09:18 AM
Hi,
Riley, my 2 year old Goldendoodle and I are moving from Oakville to North of Toronto. Does anyone know of any leash free dog parks around Richmond Hill or Thornhill or anywhere around that area? I checked the web site and do not see any listed. I read the posts on dog parks and see that a lot of people have concerns but in my experience Riley has enjoyed them. I have to admit we leave if there is a sign of trouble. After reading about other people's bad experiences then I will be even more careful. However, in moving to a new area, going to a dog park seems like the best way for Riley to get lots of exercise and he loves running around with other dogs. Thank you to anyone with information!

vivilee
April 28th, 2005, 09:41 AM
Yes there are a couple of dog parks located north of Toronto.

There is one in Aurora:

Industrial Parkway south of St. John's sideroad
hours: daylight, fenced: yes, parking: yes. Comments: quite spacious - approx 2-3 acres

There is one in Markham:

Town of Markham, Woodbine and Hwy 407 hours: Open 24 hours, fenced
tables, poop bad dispensers handicapped access, parking.
Comments: This new fully fenced-in park is very spacious. It's located at Miller and Rodick Rd. Miller is one street south of the 407 on Woodbine. The park is on the North side of Miller.

There are pitifully few dog parks considering how much land is up north that can convert to dog parks. You can contact your local municipality to fill out a request for an area to be a dog park if you think you've found a good place.