Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Has anyone seen Ray?

nymph
April 26th, 2005, 05:10 PM
That was a great movie! After watching Ray, suddenly Eva Cassidy's Songbird wasn't too unbearable anymore. :D

twinmommy
April 26th, 2005, 10:27 PM
awesome movie!! Would have rewound it (ooops DVD, whatever, not rewind, you get the gist :D ) and watched it again!!! Great soundtrack too.

CyberKitten
April 26th, 2005, 10:44 PM
What is the movie about?

twinmommy
April 26th, 2005, 11:20 PM
it's the life story of Ray Charles, with Jamie Fox(x?) who is also a concert pianist himself btw. Great flic. :thumbs up

Schwinn
April 27th, 2005, 10:22 AM
Maybe it's just me, but I found it ironic that the title of this thread for a movie about a blind man was "Has anyone seen it?"

Anyway, I think I'd really like to see it. I like true stories, usually.

shoshanna88
April 27th, 2005, 10:29 AM
I saw Ray and thought it was great. I hadn't expected it to be as good as it was. Great story that shows the various sides of Ray Charles' character. I appreciated his talent and music more after seeing the movie. Definitely worth watching.

nymph
April 27th, 2005, 10:58 AM
The soundtrack was awesome! Jamie Foxx gave an oustanding performance, he truly deserved the Oscar.

BEAR_NZ
May 18th, 2005, 06:00 AM
I loved this movie so so much. I never realised that Ray Charles struggled so desperately with drug addiction. The little boy who played him as a child was just adorable, and some of his scenes just made me cry so much. I would recommend it to all.

BEAR_NZ
May 18th, 2005, 06:06 AM
Oh! that reminds me... as we were watching the credits rolling up the screen at the end, i saw the "In loving memory of Ray Charles etc... 19__ - 2004"
I turned to my husband and innocently said "i wonder if Ray Charles ever saw the completed movie before he died?" he then started killing himself laughing... and still i looked at him blankly.... until i realised what i had said.... as we all know, Ray Charles was BLIND! :D

CyberKitten
May 18th, 2005, 01:17 PM
Oh right, I recall seeing info about it now. I was never a Ray Charles fan - liked the man but not so much his music. It seems like it might be worth watching tho.

Copper'sMom
May 18th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Maybe it's just me, but I found it ironic that the title of this thread for a movie about a blind man was "Has anyone seen it?"

HAHAHAHAHA!!! Wise guy!

Yes, I've seen the movie. I didn't know Ray was like that! It kind of pee'd me off to know that he used to be a dick!

It was good though!