Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

anyone else excited about the last Star Wars movie?

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 12:53 PM
I can't wait for Revenge of the Sith. Episode 1 was ok..I liked Episode 2 better (obviously non are better than 4, 5, and 6).

Any other Star Wars fans out there?

JDG
April 26th, 2005, 12:57 PM
Excited is a strong word. . . perhaps OBLIGATION! :p

We have all invested like 18 hours of our lives to watch all the Star Wars Films. . . .everyone MUST see this new film. . . . .

To be fair I am curious to see how the blend the two series' of films together. :D :D :D

I will be glad when I can say (and maybe get the T-Shirt)
'I've seen all the Star Wars films - and Survived!'

Joey

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 01:02 PM
a local theatre released episode 4, 5, and 6, (the remastered ones) the day before episode 1 released, so you watch 4, 5, and 6, then at midnight, watch episode 1. I will admit that I did that. That was one long (and stiff) day but totally worth it!!

I'm a little bit of a star wars freak. When I see people who haven't seen any of the star wars movies, I kinda look at them like they are from the moon! I used to watch them with my dad when I was a kid.

I get chills when I hear the theme music! I even have the star wars theme on my cell phone as a ring tone!

The only other thing that gives me chills the same is the super man theme...

You know what I want? A pair of real authentic storm trooper costumes to wear at halloween.

mesaana
April 26th, 2005, 01:28 PM
I must admit the new preview is getting me quite excited about this movie... I was watching The Empire strikes back this week-end on tv (I've been sick) and at every commercial, they played it!

Even Hayden Christensen looks like he took some acting lessons!

Lyne

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 01:30 PM
yeah, they had episode 4 and 5 on TV this weekend. I didn't see the trailers though?? But I'm a chronic commercial changer. I hate watching the commercials. I swith channels instead while they are on. I'm watching the trailer off the starwars.com site right now. You know Hayden fought to be in the darth vader costume, so it's not some other actor, it's actually him inside!!

Prin
April 26th, 2005, 02:52 PM
Is it ok if I am not excited? I haven't seen star wars since the first one came on tv... :o

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 03:04 PM
NOOOOOoooooooooo!

j/k

have you seen either of the new movies?

Prin
April 26th, 2005, 03:22 PM
nope. They don't look very good to me. I love Natalie Portman, but it all looks too fake for me. My imagination is not trined well enough to buy all of it...

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM
I just watch it for Ewen Mcgregor (I probably spelt that wrong). I'm a sucker for accents and he is super sexy, despite the beard.

mesaana
April 26th, 2005, 03:37 PM
You're right, Prin. Episodes 1 and 2 are not good. I was going to wait for the dvd for the last one but these previews actually look really good.

Lyne

Prin
April 26th, 2005, 03:43 PM
I'd rather watch "A Knight's Tale" to get the accent and the cute guys...

By the way, I know a guy from England who needs a girl.. I told him to come to Canada because we're suckers for the accent. :)

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 03:48 PM
too bad I already got a man! Darn! But he's from the philipines, so while he doesn't have an accent, he is my polynesian dream!

my friend went to Scotland for school, came back with a fiance.

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 04:20 PM
I'm a huge Star Wars fan (there's a whole story behind me wanting to name our first Luke), but I'm skeptical about this new one. My worry is there will be either too much info crammed into a tiny space, or too many holes between ep. III and IV. That being said, I'm excited.

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 04:43 PM
the most recent trailer is promising. You see where the empire declares war against the jedi...that's a start....

kayla
April 29th, 2005, 04:55 PM
I love the old Star Wars but so far the new ones just don't do it for me. Have to admit though I'm with JDG on feeling a certain "obligation" to go watch the next one!

happycats
May 2nd, 2005, 06:21 PM
:o http://bestsmileys.com/backgrounds/14.gif
http://bestsmileys.com/backgrounds/16.gif
Cool smileys!! I think star treck, not star wars

melanie
May 2nd, 2005, 06:44 PM
yes very much so but im also aprehensive. i love the original star wars and do like the latest ones but they leave a bit of an unfulfilled space in my heart, again nothing can replace the real stuff of my childhood.

but i wait, hey i have original starwars single bed sheets from the 70's. my parents were huge fans so we had the bean bags, sheets, towels, toys, dress up costumes, and lots and lots of models of ships, oh and my chewbacca teddy and figurines.. i am saving those sheets for a while, they are worth heaps already so im sitting on them and jsut biding my time. im so lucky my parents were into it.

what starwars accessories did you have as kids??

Rick C
May 2nd, 2005, 07:58 PM
I guess I'd better see the last one before this one hits the theatres.

I'm a big sci-fi fan - hence my mention of Battlestar Galactica as my favourite tv show in the tv thread - and loved the earlier Star Wars films but the latest one's have left me bogged down.

So . . . . I'm dying with anticipation for the second season of Galactica in July but no, I'm not dying to see the next Star Wars, a franchise, like Star Trek, that's lost its way.

However, there is going to be a Star Wars tv series I understand, as well as an animated Star Wars tv program.

Something else to look forward to maybe.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

raingirl
May 3rd, 2005, 11:22 AM
HAhA. I was going to post here about the star wars lego game, but i'll post that in a new thread.

Remember the show "droids" I loved that cartoon in the 80's I still have tapes with it on (my mom taped all my cartoons for me!).

YOu know I have never seen that Star wars special (was it christmas or SNL...can't remember..the one with chewbaccas family?)

Rick C
May 5th, 2005, 11:44 PM
Today I received a personalized invite to a private early screening of the movie . . . but my assistant is dying to take her family so I'm trying to see if I can fake her husband into impersonating moi on the fateful day.

So far so good.

However, the relevant thing for this discussion is that the invitation, from a corporation, came with an "extreme violence" warning with the notation it may not be suitable for kids.

Just passing that along.

Rick C
www.goldentales.ca

JDG
May 29th, 2005, 06:08 PM
I thought I'd bring this post back up to the top, now that I'm sure there are people who have gone out and biten the bullet and seen the final Star Wars film.

Colin and I went to an early morning screening over the weekend.

Now, let me be the first to say I wasn't really excited to see this film. I felt an obligation to see it. . . . but in the end it was actually pretty darn good.

They seemed for the most part to connect the two series' of films pretty well.

No true complaints. . . (even from my Animator husband - and he complains about everything animated - don't get him started on that 'weed man' commerical!!!)

I am, however, glad its over! ;) :crazy:

Here is something a little fun! http://www.sithsense.com/flash.htm (don't pick anything too easy)

Anyone else with comments?

raingirl
May 29th, 2005, 06:13 PM
I really loved it. It was worth seeing. We went opening day. People cheered at the opening credits!

I was happy with it. I am going to see it again though...to pick up a few points I may have missed.

The only thing that I thought was totally cheesy was when Padme was dying, the droid says "she seems perfectly healthy, we don't know why she is dying. It's as though she has lost the will to live". That was so lame. Couldn't he have thought up a better way for her to be dying??

JDG
May 29th, 2005, 06:17 PM
We were waiting for a really cheesy line at the end, once the children are born. . . we definatly thought someone would say. . .

'these children are A NEW HOPE'. . . .

raingirl
May 29th, 2005, 06:39 PM
I beat Vadar! he didn't guess my thing in 20 questions.

I choose a Skink. After the 20 questions are up, it gives you a list of "possibles" and skink was on it! Ha ha!

JDG
May 30th, 2005, 11:44 AM
Raingirl, check this out:

http://www.storewars.org/flash/

I know you will appreciate it.

****note: This flash movie is about 5 minutes, so if you aren't running DSL/Highspeed you'll be there all day :p :p ****

Very very very very very funny - worth watching!

Schwinn
May 31st, 2005, 01:15 PM
The only thing that I thought was totally cheesy was when Padme was dying, the droid says "she seems perfectly healthy, we don't know why she is dying. It's as though she has lost the will to live". That was so lame. Couldn't he have thought up a better way for her to be dying??

D'OH!! I haven't seen it yet!

Anyway, I heard a rumour that now he might be working on 3 more.

Dogastrophe
June 1st, 2005, 12:02 PM
If you can tolerate all of the inconsistencies between #3 and #4 and the sometimes cheesy acting and dialogue, it is a great movie. (then again those of us who enjoy star wars have been tolerating cheesy acting and dialogue for many many years ..... "look sir ... Droids" :crazy: )