Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Help! Anyone with Audiovox Answering Machine?

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 11:07 AM
So I call the York Police yesterday, to make sure they remember that my application is eligible as of next week (okay, I was hoping to weasal a new interview). I left a message, and when I get home I got a call back. Only the message was CUT OFF! I called back, but didn't get the officer (I think I just missed the "end of day" for them). So now I'm at work, and it is FREAKIN' KILLING me wondering if there is a message. I thought I knew how to check messages remotely, but apparently I don't. Does anyone have an Audiovox answering machine that can tell me before I explode? Yes, I will know by 8 pm tonight when I get home, but I'm not sure I can wait. HELP!

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 11:31 AM
my old answering machine you could call in, and you had to enter a code, that was selected on the side of the machine (it was two digits). But it was a sony. It even had a feature where you could call and listen to the sounds of your house!!

nymph
April 26th, 2005, 11:47 AM
Have you set up a security code yet? Normally you could dial your own number, upon the voice mail, press * key, then you'll get prompt to enter your security code, then listen to messages.

I never used an AudioVox answering machine, these were only general guidelines for most answering machines. Can't you google for the manual of your particular model?

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 11:51 AM
go to the audiovox website and they have manuals for their answering machines. go to yours and figure it out.

www.audiovox.com

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 12:08 PM
I didn't set up a code, so it should be either "000" or "123". I also tried the Audiovox website, and several others, and I can't even find answering machines, let alone manuals.

ARRRGGH!! THIS IS KILLING ME!! I thought about calling again today and giving my cell number (like I should have in the first place), but since I don't know if the message was "Don't call us, we'll call you", or "Yes, let's set up an appointment", or "Pound salt!", I don't want to call and ask her to leave another message at another number if she already left me a message at home. I think the issue was on her end, not mine. We tested the machine a few times, and it seems to work fine. I am going to definitly have to add this to my list of "longest, days, EVER!"

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 12:25 PM
At least I think I tried the website, it's not opening for me now.

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 01:03 PM
yeah, the site wasn't working for me either

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 01:10 PM
Well, I've tried many different permutations of various codes, and I know for sure I have a message...actually, a few hundred, all from me!

GAAGH! THIS IS KILLING ME!!

Cactus Flower
April 26th, 2005, 03:56 PM
Try hitting * # after the beep. The Audiovox I used to have worked that way.

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 04:31 PM
My wife is home now and gave me the message I was waiting for...the officer was in until 4 pm, and is gone until Monday. %$#$%

This whole process will be the death of me, I swear...