Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

According to this......

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 10:24 AM
I am going to have a boy..........

http://www.babyzone.com/features/content/display.asp?TopicID=9176&ContentID=724#lunar%20age

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 10:38 AM
So, if I read this right, you would use the mother's age at the expected birth (9 months from conception)? If that's the case, then we're going to have a boy (yay!). Of course, all I REALLY care about is 10 fingers and ten toes! (But I really want a boy!) We already have enough estrogen in the house. ;)

Prin
April 26th, 2005, 11:06 AM
You can NEVER have too much estrogen. Too much testosterone on the other hand... :eek: (Wouldn't want to have a bath in THAT tub..)

I wouldn't get your hopes up though.. I mean 50/50 chance that the "horoscope" is right, right?

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 11:44 AM
I know, it would have been true for Judith. She too was conceived in March. I found a due date calculator and this one "should" be due December 13th, only 2 weeks before Judith turns one........

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 11:56 AM
so..if I wanted to get pregnant this year and have a boy, I have to conceive between july and october...

jackieb
April 26th, 2005, 12:28 PM
i was wrong on 2 out of 3 of mine i had 3 boys i know when they were concieved well i know for sure the last 2!

Writing4Fun
April 26th, 2005, 12:54 PM
Hmmm....right for both of mine.

I had heard that it has more to do with the stage of your cycle (location of your egg). Apparently, the "male" sperm are fast swimmers but have no stamina, and the "female" sperm are slow and steady. If the egg is still fairly high (early in your cycle) when conception occurs, you will have a girl, because all the "male" sperm fizzle out early on in the trek, while the "female" sperm will swim all the way. Whereas if you conceived late in your cycle, the "male" sperm get there quicker and so you'll have a boy. This was also correct for both of mine. :)

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 01:12 PM
Hmmm....right for both of mine.

I had heard that it has more to do with the stage of your cycle (location of your egg). Apparently, the "male" sperm are fast swimmers but have no stamina, and the "female" sperm are slow and steady. If the egg is still fairly high (early in your cycle) when conception occurs, you will have a girl, because all the "male" sperm fizzle out early on in the trek, while the "female" sperm will swim all the way. Whereas if you conceived late in your cycle, the "male" sperm get there quicker and so you'll have a boy. This was also correct for both of mine. :)

Anyone else visualizing the tortoise and the hare running along the falopian tube?? Just me? I guess I should have kept that to myself...

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 01:24 PM
Anyone else visualizing the tortoise and the hair running along the falopian tube?? Just me? I guess I should have kept that to myself...Very funny.......

greaterdane
April 26th, 2005, 01:31 PM
I looked at that calendar for 3 of my friends babies which they just had in the last 5 months and it was wrong on all 3. I dont know how new the calendar is but I know I was made in October :) and my mom was 27, that would make me a boy, but last time i check I was a girl :)

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 01:38 PM
But how old was your mom when you were born? I think that's what they mean by lunar age

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 01:39 PM
I am just hoping we do have a boy, so everyone keep their fingers crossed for the next few months, until we know.........

Prin
April 26th, 2005, 01:55 PM
You just have to go to a lot of sports events, scratch yourself and maybe go to a couple of strip clubs... Get into the man mood... :)

Princesss04
April 26th, 2005, 02:19 PM
LOL Prin! http://bestsmileys.com/lol/1.gif

Safyre
April 26th, 2005, 09:49 PM
LOL Prin

That webstie works for my bestfriend who is due in July. she is having a girl (amnio results, we KNOW it's a girl) worked for her. *shrugs*
I'll have to keep that webstie on favourites.. i want boys soo i'll have to keep checking back as to when i should get preggo. lol

Karin
April 26th, 2005, 10:06 PM
*doin' the snoopy dance here*