Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Newbie What Am I???

Whatever
April 26th, 2005, 07:20 AM
We heard about this puppy through a shelter, when we picked her up she was 1lb/3 months old, going bald, told she was a Rat Terrier, has a natural bobbed tail, took her to the Vet he said she was a Chi, posted on another site told she was a Chi/Pap mix. That is why we named her Whatever. Sick puppy when we got her, threw up a feeding tube, idiots tried to force feed her, had a severe seizure second week we had her, had to be handfed, gave her pureed liver and some honey for low sugar. She is now 6 months old and weighs 2.5 lbs. except for the one spot on her leg her hair has grown back. No more seizures and eats great but does she even appear to be a Rat Terrier or a Chi? I really don't care what she is but we are curious. Thanks.

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2003-4/143921/Whatever22.jpg

happycats
April 26th, 2005, 07:26 AM
Looks like, Papillon / Chi X .
Welcome, and what a sweet looking puppy you have !!

BMDLuver
April 26th, 2005, 07:35 AM
My guess is that she's a longhaired Chi. She's adorable and I'm happy to hear she has made it thus far. Welcome to the board!

happycats
April 26th, 2005, 07:39 AM
Here is a papillon pup, looks alot like yours.

Lizzie
April 26th, 2005, 07:44 AM
I agree with the Papillion/Chi cross suggestion. She has features that come from both breeds....either way, she's sure cute...though I do think another name might be more fitting for that cutie patoutie! :crazy:

chico2
April 26th, 2005, 07:51 AM
She is adorable and I guess Longhaired Chi,I am happy she is doing good :thumbs up and WELCOME to the Forum!

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 08:03 AM
What she is is adorable! Breed known or not. Whatever is the cutest little thing ever. Glad whatever found a good, loving home.

Whatever
April 26th, 2005, 08:10 AM
Well before I go and feed my outside critters, I want to thank all of you for your comments. Sure do appreciate it. When we were trying to figure out a name for her my DH and I kept going back and forth with names and he would say whatever and than I would say whatever so she ended up being Whatever. Since we really don't know whatever she is it seemed appropriate. I guess we just settle for weird names, I have a HalfPint, Lil Bit, Serenity, Snitzelfritz, Mischief, Squeekers, to name just a few. We live on a farm so we have outside and inside critters and even a few of the chickens have names.

Lucky Rescue
April 26th, 2005, 08:36 AM
OMG, she is so cute! My guess would be long-haired badly bred Chi or Chi/Pap. as well. I lean towards Chi because they are so much more common these days.

Thank YOU for all the effort you put into saving this teeny scrap. She's precious...hey, you could call her "Precious".:D
Or Teena....or Scrap! Or Pandora....or or or...

Princesss04
April 26th, 2005, 09:40 AM
Welcome to this board, I am so glad you have saved this baby! Very cute by the way. I think I would have to say a long haired Ch. :D But, whatever he is he is 100% pure cuteness. :D

Rita
April 26th, 2005, 09:45 AM
Your Whatever is absolutely adorable .... whatever breed she is!!!
Good for you for taking her in, caring for her and giving her a loving forever home :love: :grouphug:

AliSam
April 26th, 2005, 09:46 AM
Welcome. I agree with the others - Pap/Chi or long-haired Chi. I don't see any Rat Terrier at all. He is definitely the cutest thing though.

kandy
April 26th, 2005, 10:52 AM
I would have to say that 'whatever' is definetely a Papillion (could be a mix). My mom had one that was quite a character, he played 'doggie baseball' - a game that he made up all on his own. Anyway, good luck with the little one and he's lucky to have found you! :thumbs up Welcome!

skyeonphyre
September 18th, 2010, 07:44 PM
Oh my, she is beautiful and looks alot like our little papillion. Give her lots of love from all my four legged pets!