Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Pit Bull Pups found Drowned in Lake Ontario

twodogsandacat
April 25th, 2005, 11:17 PM
Pulse24 just had a story of two drowned pit bull puppies found in Lake Ontario. They speculated that it may be a result of those not wanting to have pit bulls with the new law coming into effect.

They ended the story by stating that the new rules don’t come into effect until Aug 29 and stated that if you are unable to take care of your pit bull that the Toronto Humane Society is accepting pit bulls.

Pulse24 was one of the stations that have provided even coverage of Bill132 and the same reporter Alex Pierson is the one who caught Bryant in the “Number 16” lie.

Dukieboy
April 26th, 2005, 09:23 AM
that is so freakin sad :sad:

meb999
April 26th, 2005, 09:27 AM
Who does things like that????
'geez, let me see...I got my dog pregnant by not spaying her, so what will I do with these LIVING creatures? Oh, I know, I'll DROWN them...'
I hope whoever did this drowns -- natural elimination of the unfit

Copper'sMom
April 26th, 2005, 10:01 AM
This is what I woke up to this morning :sad: . I have an alarm on my tv and it came on and as soon as i heard the word pit bull, i was awake. Then i heard the rest of the story :sad: . This makes me sick. I wonder what the rest of society thinks when they hear of something like this? Does it make them feel ill to hear of pups drowned or do they not care because they were pit bulls??

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 11:19 AM
It bothers me I haven't heard any of the stories on any other news media. Oh, they're pitbulls, they didn't attack, so who cares? I'm being cynical, but this is how it feels to me.

Beaglemom
April 26th, 2005, 11:40 AM
This is so sad. I can't believe that someone would be able to do something like this to these poor babies.

But, this is what I have been afraid of ever since this Bryant guy started talking BSL. Unfortunately there are people out there who don't want to be bothered and who don't understand the ban fully. It seems that more pit bulls are being abandoned now than ever before because of this ban. I have been checking the humane society adoption pages and am flabbergasted at the number of pit bulls and "pit bull type" dogs that are coming in to the shelter every week!

twodogsandacat
April 26th, 2005, 01:38 PM
Who does things like that????
'geez, let me see...I got my dog pregnant by not spaying her, so what will I do with these LIVING creatures? Oh, I know, I'll DROWN them...'
I hope whoever did this drowns -- natural elimination of the unfit

It may be time to share this story again. Although it is an oldie it sure speaks to Karma. Let's hope that those who deserve it find it.

http://www.katv.com/news/stories/1203/113315.html

Eudora - A man and his son drowned Monday night after the son tried to drown their dog. It happened near the city of Eudora, just outside of city limits. Police say the son fell into a pit full of water inside an old cotton gin and the father went in after him.

Police say the son and his cousin were trying to drown their pit bull, because the dog was old and wouldn't fight anymore. Before drowning the dog, the son fell in and the cousin ran for help.

18-year-old Eugene Weston Junior and his cousin planned to drown their pit bull in an old abandoned cotton gin across the street from their home.

The gin hadn't been used in more than 30 years and inside the pit was a thick combination of water, oil, diesel fuel, hydraulic fluid, and dirt. As the son looked into the eight to ten foot pit, he slipped and fell in.

The cousin ran for help and called 9-1-1. That's when the father, 42-year-old Eugene Weston Senior, jumped into the pit after his son.

Police say the old gin has been pumped dry and is now covered up. They plan to fill it in with dirt to prevent this kind of accident in the future.

The pit bull is still alive and unharmed.

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 01:42 PM
The pit bull is still alive and unharmed.

Is it just me, or is anyone else picturing an aging pitbull snickering like Deputy Dawg?

babyrocky1
April 26th, 2005, 02:02 PM
This is sickening (the pups being drowned) Isnt Bryant ultimately responsible for finding and punishing the culprit!!!! Ofcourse we know hes also responsible for the situation in the first place, but we should be demanding that he protects these animals from crime. thats his blody job isnt it???? INstead he incites criminal behaviour. Id really like to know what kind, if any, investigation will be launched because of this!!!

Dukieboy
April 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM
cops don't have time for dogs. ooops I mean they don't have the r e s o u r c e s. Unless ofcourse there is tons of media attention.

Britishvixen21
April 26th, 2005, 03:11 PM
If I were that pit bull id be like the cat who got the cream. serves that horrible little brat right for trying to drown an innocent animal. to bad the cousin didnt go in too. I hope hes being charged with animal cruelty? :mad:

twodogsandacat
April 26th, 2005, 03:16 PM
to bad the cousin didnt go in too. I hope hes being charged with animal cruelty? :mad:

Actually I did read that the cousin was later involved in a shooting. An innocent child was caught in the middle. It seems the world would have been a better place if he also fell in the well.

Britishvixen21
April 26th, 2005, 03:24 PM
You would think that seeing his own cousin and uncle die slowly and horribly in front of his eyes would make him value life a little more. too bad he didnt go with them. People like that make me sick to my stomach! Hopefully hes in prison now having to frequently pick up the soap for his cell buddy!!!

Luvmypit
April 26th, 2005, 03:29 PM
I can't believe people. I am so sickened.

We actually got our dog Pepper by some old guy coming to the door with these black Scottish terriers.... He said if we didn't take one they were going to be drowned. This was before my time mind you but I still remember Pepper. Good girl.

babyrocky1
April 26th, 2005, 06:42 PM
I read the link that you posted Two dogs, the family sounds like the one from the Texas Chain Saw masacre or something. I only sat through ten minutes of the movie but I picture the cousin as one of the main characters :eek:

babyrocky1
April 26th, 2005, 06:47 PM
Does anyone know were the puppies were found? Was it in Toronto?

twodogsandacat
April 26th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Does anyone know were the puppies were found? Was it in Toronto?

Yes.

If you want some good news reads this: http://www.dogster.com/pet_page.php?j=t&i=130060

This was an Ontario dog - now made a police dog in Washington state. Our loss.

babyrocky1
April 26th, 2005, 07:10 PM
Great story!!!!! Thanks for the post. Yet another for the collection That documents the stupidity of our Attorney General!!!

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 10:16 PM
This would be great if we could get some local news media to pick it up. Not only does someone want a pittie, they want to make him a cop!

Dukieboy
April 27th, 2005, 09:12 AM
Here is CP24s coverage. Warning: Disturbing Images

http://www.pulse24.com/News/Top_Story/20050426-011/page.asp

babyrocky1
April 27th, 2005, 10:36 AM
I saw it last night, discusting!!! Humber Bay park is on our rollerblade route. I'll never get that image out of my head now!! What is wrong with these people??? At least they found the cat on time!