Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

going to find out tomorrow......

lilith_rizel
April 25th, 2005, 07:09 PM
if I am pregnant AGAIN. James and I are hoping that the at home test was just showing false positives. But with the way I have been feeling the past couple of days, I don't think that is the case. We really weren't planning on having another baby so soon. But I guess that's not what God wanted. We are praying that we will have a boy this time. I think James aready has a name picked out.

twinmommy
April 25th, 2005, 07:33 PM
Can I say congrats or should I wait until tommorrow??? :rolleyes:

You are a wonderful mom Lileth, and James a wonderful daddy, and as my mom always says "some of the best parties are surprise parties"

ummmm I wonder why she said that?? hmmmm :o

btw those home tests are usually pretty accurate.......... ;)

lilith_rizel
April 25th, 2005, 07:40 PM
I know. I am actually kinda excited. But I also keep on thinking how I am going to handle 2 little trouble makers running around all day.\

my mom knows, and I don't think she is very happy. She insists that if you don't miss doeses of the pill, you will never get pregnant. Well, it happend to me. and I took them failthfully. BUt I also found out the stuff the military gives out is very genaric, and doesn't work that well. :rolleyes: exactly how all medication they give you are.

TWilson9498
April 25th, 2005, 07:44 PM
It's not just the military pills that don't work! Birthcontrol didn't work TWICE in my house, both of my daughter's passed right around the pill!!

lilith_rizel
April 25th, 2005, 07:53 PM
James said that there is a new thing where they put this thing in your skin, and it works for 5 years. Of cousre it completely stops your cycle. And it can be removed sooner if you decide you want to have a baby. James and I might look into that, if the military pays for it, but is is a few hundred dollars, so they might not. Either that, or we will do the patch. It works for my sister.

Princesss04
April 25th, 2005, 08:33 PM
They say that most of the time you do not get false positives but you some times can get false negatives.

BMDLuver
April 25th, 2005, 08:41 PM
James said that there is a new thing where they put this thing in your skin, and it works for 5 years. Of cousre it completely stops your cycle. And it can be removed sooner if you decide you want to have a baby. James and I might look into that, if the military pays for it, but is is a few hundred dollars, so they might not. Either that, or we will do the patch. It works for my sister.
How about James getting fixed instead of you playing havoc with your cycle? My husband did as it took 11 years to have one but after the first they were a little too easy to achieve. We decided two was our limit. :)

raingirl
April 25th, 2005, 09:19 PM
don't freak me out people! I've been on the pill for....8 years and no mistakes yet so far (I hope I didn't just jinx myself!)

Writing4Fun
April 25th, 2005, 09:41 PM
My husband did as it took 11 years to have one but after the first they were a little too easy to achieve. We decided two was our limit. :)
LOL! Can you get him to call my husband, please? I refuse to go back on the pill at this stage in my life, but he's too chicken to deal with it, so we've been playing with some serious fire here lately. :eek:

Don't mean to scare you, Raingirl, but with the number of people on the planet taking the pill, that 1% for whom it doesn't work is still a pretty big number. :D

I won't congratulate you yet, Lilith (I'll save that for when you come back and confirm ;) ). Don't worry about having two little ones running around. The woman across the street from me had a little almost-2-year-old girl at home when she delivered her twin boys - three of them under the age of 2!! :eek: :eek: Last time I checked, she still had all her hair. :crazy:

Safyre
April 25th, 2005, 10:12 PM
The pill is NOT 100 %, and neither is the Depo shot. myself, i got pregnant on the pill, and some of my friends pregnant while on Depo.
I am on depo now, and no scares. it does stop your period completely, and i can't say I mind that!

Lilith - just be thankful at this time, and enjoy the gift. *I know I am saying this early, but again, home pregnancy tests will give fallse negatives, almsot never false positives*

greaterdane
April 25th, 2005, 10:26 PM
Dont want to scare anyone, but James my SO, his father had a vasectomy and 12 years later out popped his little brother Billy. And trust me its not the milkmans baby either. I know it is rare, but hey it can happen.

Prin
April 25th, 2005, 11:07 PM
Lilith- I hope everything turns out for the best! What an exciting time! :party:

It's not just the military pills that don't work! Birthcontrol didn't work TWICE in my house, both of my daughter's passed right around the pill!!
LOL, I'm not implying anything but I know quite a few girls who told their moms the pill didn't work!! :D Probably not the case with your daughters, but it made me laugh to read it. :)

Can I go off on a tangent? I just feel it's important to say this...
Raingirl, you should talk to your gyno about getting off the pill. There are tons of warnings out there about being on the pill past 8 years. Cancer risks skyrocket after the 8 year mark. It even says it in my packs now, if you read the fine print (might not be in all of them, though (yet)).

And DON'T use Depoprovera until more studies are done. This "alternative" has been shown to be disastrous in more than one test and it's best to avoid it if you can. It can leave you infertile from 6mos to 6 years after stopping, plus you get irreversible bone loss (means much higher chance of osteoporosis later on)... :eek:

I'm trying to get as much info on the pill and the alternatives because I don't believe that doctors are very honest or knowledgeable about the pill. For example, Marvelon-- so many doctors get tons of free samples of Marvelon and every girl I know who had ever been on it, ended up with severe side-effects, but only after very long use. I had a huge, incredibly painful miscarriage of nothing (for 3 DAYS) because of that pill (which apparently was common for the '60s pills). Another of my friends has been bleeding EVERY DAY for the past 3 years because of that pill. I got 14 months free from my (ex) gynecologist-- what girl wouldn't pass that up?)

We've been on sooo many pills altogether, that we've got a small database of side-effects and consequences of different pills. As long as women talk to each other, we can beat them sponsored doctors. Now I am on the patch and it is working out great. We'll see.... I get my man to change it so HE has to remember. :p

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 07:51 AM
I just got my results! They are positive. But I am so happy. I guess I was just overwelmed with the thought of having another so soon. But after thinking about it, James and I were planning on trying again when Judith was 6-12 months, so it is not that big of a difference, by being 2 months ahead.

BMDLuver
April 26th, 2005, 07:57 AM
Congrats! I have two beautiful daughters a year apart and I wouldn't trade them for the world. It's exhausting at times but when they say mommy and come over to give you a kiss, just because, then nothing else matters!

Writing4Fun: My husband volunteered to have it done as I had two extreme high risk pregnancies and he felt that was the least he could do. Several of his guy friends have done so also and they told him 24 hours of pain for years of no worry and "ahem" the wife might be more receptive :rolleyes:

chico2
April 26th, 2005, 08:01 AM
BMDlover,I agree with you,a vasectomy is the safest birthcontrol :D :D
My husband had it done at 35yrs old,I had to go off the pill for healthreasons,already having had 3 kids,it was my husbands turn to suffer a bit :thumbs up
He is now 62yrs old,never suffered any problems and the procedure nowadays is much easier....they have sore"testies" for a couple of days but that's it!!!

mesaana
April 26th, 2005, 08:01 AM
Congratulations!!! :thumbs up

happycats
April 26th, 2005, 08:05 AM
CONGRATULATIONS !!
http://bestsmileys.com/family/9.gifhttp://bestsmileys.com/family/1.gif

Don't feel bad, my mom had my brothers in the same year ! :eek: (Jan and Dec) and they were the best of friends growing up!

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 08:07 AM
That would be an idea, but we still plan on possibley having more in a few years. My ideal mumber is 4, James would have a million if it was possible. He loves kids. So we will have to comprimise a little (Very little, cause I am not having more than 6)

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 08:11 AM
Now does anyone know any unique baby names boy or girl. Won't know what we are having for a few more months yet......

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 08:16 AM
Prin, my package doesn't say anything like that. I actually spoke to my doc in January about it. She advised that the pill is totally safe to take for a long time (10. I am on the lowest dose one, and never had a side effect. But I'm not on it for birth control specifically. I'm on it for acne (partially) and because my periods were hell before! Now, instead of 2 and half weeks of hell per month, I get 8 days. Also, ovarian cysts run in my family, so the pill reduces the chance of getting those, as well as benign breast cysts (also in my family). And it reduces chances of ovarian and endometrial cancers. I don't smoke so i don't increase my risk of problems.

I would rather use the pill then get pregnant right now personally.

by the way, congrats lilith! I have a few webpages bookmarked with names. I have an obsession with names (I know, weird huh?). What genre are you looking for? What is your heritage? Maybe something Wiccan based?

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 08:26 AM
I was looking for a girls name under native american (which I am 1/8 of) and found Tayen meaning beautiful water......

Raingirl- I am just looking for names and meanings..... We are looking for names that aren't very popular. James and I hated having the same name as everyone in school......

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 08:33 AM
Here are some sites:

http://www.20000-names.com/female_native_american_names.htm

http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/ame.html

http://www.babynamenetwork.com/origin.cfm?origin=native%20american

http://www.native-languages.org/baby.htm

The last link explains how the other links may be incorrect. Problem is a lot of native cultures didn't have a writen language. I studied the tribes in the upper canada (great lakes) region and can look up stuff from that area if you need me to.

If you want something unique and different, I'll send you a PM with my middle name. It's no native though. In my entire life (26 years) I have never met anyone or heard of anyone with the same name. But you have to promise to keep it a secret (at least for a while) (I try and keep it a secret myself as I like how no one has it)

GWPsRock
April 26th, 2005, 08:36 AM
Congrats! :crazy:

This is the Baby Name Wizard (http://babynamewizard.com/namevoyager/lnv0105.html) that talks about the popularity of names....so, once you have one picked out, you can see how popular it is now, and in the past!

Quite a few names aren't on there (mine isn't).....it's pretty cool though!

Copper'sMom
April 26th, 2005, 08:54 AM
Congrats!!!! Hope your wishes come true! ;)

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 09:14 AM
what does everyone think of Odette?

Prin
April 26th, 2005, 10:56 AM
Yey Lilith-- I'm glad you are happy with the result! :)

I had a really mean math teacher named Odette...

How about Princess... :) . I guarantee no girl in the class will have that name. And there is no English way to make fun of it either. (there is one french way...) And there are a lot of nicknames, Prin, Princey, Principessa. I love my name because it is unique. I get a lot of questions about it but I would rather have questions than be the fourth Jennifer in a class.

A french name I really like is Ophélie (french version of Ophelia obviously, but it sounds better in french).

Schwinn
April 26th, 2005, 10:57 AM
Congratulations, Lilith! You and James sound like my wife and me. I've been saying that I'm going to start wearing two pairs of pants to bed and sleeping with my back to her! Her Dr told her it could take 5-8 months of trying (not that I was disappointed with that ;) ). Needless to say, we were married in September, and she is due in June.

jackieb
April 26th, 2005, 11:02 AM
Congratulations Lilth Good Luck To You !! :d

glasslass
April 26th, 2005, 02:42 PM
Congrats Lilith!

I've always liked the name Robynne for a girl. Keep in mind that other kids often tease kids with unusual names. Dodie was actually my nickname, but it was what I was called since a baby. I always got "Howdy Doody Dodie" or "Dodo-Bird"!

Luvmypit
April 26th, 2005, 02:48 PM
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hope you have a happy pregnancy!!

As per the pill... the damn thing triggers my migraines. I usually get about 4 a year. with the pill, I got them once a month and they were ten times worse.

Jackie467
April 26th, 2005, 03:18 PM
Congratulations!!! I'm with you I like unusual names you don't hear very often. My SO and I have already picked out the names we want for our first boy and girl. the boy will be Diego (my SO is Mexican) and the girl would be Analisa (i'm Italian). Another girl name I just love is Heaven. I always wanted a girl named Heaven middle name Leigh so I could call her Heavenly. My SO isn't as keen on the idea. I also like the name Gavin but it has become too popular lately. When I first picked that name I had never heard it before except in a book I read, but now it's everywhere. Tomas says I can name the second girl Heaven but he likes the name Analisa better so thats the name we came to a compermise on for the first girl. I like the name Odette, but whenever I hear it it makes me think of the swan princess cartoon movie lol.

TWilson9498
April 26th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Mine are Nicholas which is pretty popular, Jordyn which I have never seen spelled the same way, especially for a girl, and the third is Marissa. My husband loves the ocean, as he is from Cali, so her name means Goddess of the Sea....

Congrats to you!!

Shamrock
April 26th, 2005, 04:00 PM
Congratulations, Lilith! Another blessed event in your lives.. how wonderful!
I send you best wishes for a smooth and happy pregnancy.
I'm sure you will find some beautiful and unusual names to choose from.

lilith_rizel
April 26th, 2005, 06:38 PM
Well the past couple of days have been horrible. The morning sickness won't let me much down. All I can tolerate is crackers, soup, and ice cream........

Writing4Fun
April 26th, 2005, 06:51 PM
Mmmmm... soup & ice cream, my favorites (not together, of course)!

Let's see - unique names - well, when I was pregnant with my second, we were sure he was going to be a girl (family pattern, a whole other story ;) ). We had chosen Brianna as her name (female form of Brian - Strong One - I liked the idea of my daughter being a strong woman). But, being Catholic, we had to have a saint's name in there for the baptism. We found out that the date of my scheduled c-section was the day of "Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary". So, we decided that we'd name her Brianna Rose! The day before I was scheduled to go in, we thought it would be a good idea to have a boy's name, just in case. :D Darn good thing, too! :p

Safyre
April 26th, 2005, 09:58 PM
I LOVe unique names as well, who ever suggested that babynamewizard.com website is right, go there, read some of the excerps, buy the book, they have a great selection of names.
for my boy, his name will be Xavier Damien Angel as for girls names, there are too many that i love. right now, my fave is Georgia

Jackie - on the thought of "heaven' for a name... i know a few people that have turned it backwards and named thier girls Nevaeh .. pretty name, something a lil different, maybe your SO will go for that. hehe

happycats
April 27th, 2005, 06:19 AM
I love unique names too ....(my hubby didn't though... :( )
for girls I like:
Sharlie, Sydney, Montana, Taylor, Tesla, Kelsey, Ryley, Bree.

for boys I like:
Blake, Dallas, Blaine, Dakota, Dane, Fisher, River, ... I know they are kind of crazy, but I love unusual names :o .

Schwinn
April 27th, 2005, 09:05 AM
I think I'll have to stay out of this one. I really don't like "designer" names. My wife likes older names. She picks out a name, then I'm in charge of thinking of all the ways kids will use it to tease him/her. Right now, I'm fighting for Luke, but she had a dream of me standing beside his crib going, "Luke! I am your FAATHER!!". I said it'd be cool when it's time to teach him to eat. "LUUUKE! USE THE FOORK!" Sometimes I'm my own worst enemy...

Here's a site with a different view on naming babies...

Baby's Named a Bad Bad Thing (http://www.notwithoutmyhandbag.com/babynames/)

happycats
April 27th, 2005, 09:15 AM
Schwinn, you sound like my hubby, I guess thats why my son's name is, "Michael". (how original :rolleyes: ).

I liked the name Lucas, but I, like you started thinking how kids would tease him, "Luke Luke is a puke"! :sad:
It's so hard, you never want them to grow up and ask "why did you name me that !?" :p

Schwinn
April 27th, 2005, 09:20 AM
I've come up with something bad for every name my wife has thought of. For a long time, she was insistant that she wanted to name a girl Beatrice. Since my last name sounds like the ketchup, and the short form is Bea, I said there's no way my kid will be known as another name for bum! I guess I was afraid she'd be the butt of all the jokes! However, considering my last name, I think they'll focus more on that. For some reason (and I honestly don't know why), I really like Alister, but then they'd call him Alice, and Al I find very boring. Also, Roy is a family middle name, so I think it'd be cool to nickname my son L Roy. Bad name, cool nickname.

Writing4Fun
April 27th, 2005, 01:06 PM
You'd get along great with my brothers, Schwinn. We always took them into consideration when naming our children, because we knew they'd be relentless with anything we chose. For example, we were thinking about Justin, which I nixed because I could already hear my brothers saying "Justin Time" and "Justin Case" etc... :p

melanie
April 27th, 2005, 04:52 PM
congrats lovely lady :grouphug:

hey, vasectomys can be reversed these days, so get him done and later down the track just get it reversed for further use :D .

i have been on diane pill, very strong very expensive and never had a mistake, my sister was on the cheaper generic brand and got preggo twice while on it. i think it may be the luck of the draw to a certain extent.

my sister also had that injection thingiy under the skin,. totally ruined her cycle and ahs been known to mensturate with that injected thing or over 4 weeks straight, its risky i reckion, the pill is a widely studied drug around for years, those shots are new so i think its a bit doggy, anywho luck of the draw again.

kandy
April 27th, 2005, 05:25 PM
I was on the Depo shot for 5 years - loved that I didn't have any cycles but I gained 40 lbs in those 5 years. Depo lowers your metabolism and increases your appetite at the same time!!??!! Anyway, my husband had a vasectomy and two years later we found out that it didn't work.

As for the pregnancy - CONGRATULATIONS!!! As for the naming, I read somewhere that you aren't doing your kids any favors by giving them an unusual name. The article was talking about more about the job market and being viewed as a good worker versus growing up with the name. It said that people with unusual names are viewed as being less employable. I don't know how true that really is - since my name is Kandy and I am the secretary to the President of our local community college, but I think that when you have two names - say Eleanor and Bunny - which do you think would get the most respect? Just some food for thought! My personal favorites for unusual girls names are Tashona and Cheyenne. Good Luck with your pregnancy and I hope that the morning sickness goes away soon!

melanie
April 27th, 2005, 05:30 PM
interesting, i have read articles about unusual names in the workforce, and i have the impression that it is good to have a unique name, it stands out more and sticks in the memory (recent new scientist (aus) past 3 mths anyway). i had to review applications for a job once and an applicant named star got it, she jsut stood out so much and i remembered her name, which kept taking me back to her app and she eventually got the job.

just make it a special name, something that means somethign to you, its nice when you grow yup to ahve a sweet story attached to your name.

happycats
April 27th, 2005, 05:32 PM
IUD's are great, work great, are drug free, never have to worry about remembering to take a pill, and it's good for 3 years ( you can have it removed earlier if you want)
I tried Depo too, blew up real big, and found it gave me full time PMS ! :evil:
My poor husband, I yelled at him all the time :o ! and once you get the shot, you can't have it removed, so you have to live with the effects for 4 months :eek:

lilith_rizel
April 27th, 2005, 06:05 PM
My mom told me to get my tubes tied lastnight!!!! I couldn't believe it, she knows we plan on have 1 or 2 more kids...... Then James jokingly said that he is going to get me "spayed" because I was having too many kids, too fast. LOL.

Sneaky2006
April 27th, 2005, 06:10 PM
Moms always think they know better than us, just because we're their kids, even though we're moms ourselves.
My husband mentioned to his mom, we may, in the future have another kid and she said 'no you're not!!!' She thinks because our son is already 9 that we shouldn't have anymore kids, cause we've got it made, whatever that means.

Don't listen to her!

Congrats again, btw! :love:

lilith_rizel
April 28th, 2005, 08:09 AM
I told my mom that we are still planning on having a larger family, and she said that she thought that we changed our minds with Judith and the new baby coming..... and also appoligized, I just couldn't believe that she would suggest it..... I think it is because she herself had 6 kids, and Dannie and I (we are the oldest 2) were only 51 weeks apart. But she was also 2 years younger, and wasn't as set as James and I. She said that it was so hard to take care of 2 babies at the same time. By the time the next one comes around, Judith will be old enough to help a little, maybe.

Schwinn
April 28th, 2005, 08:40 AM
I think we're going to stop at two. Cheryl wanted to be finished by her mid-thirties. Also, we only need one to mow the lawn and one to do the dishes. They can alternate taking out the garbage.

What?

greaterdane
April 28th, 2005, 08:58 AM
My sister and I are 52 weeks apart. I loved growing up like that, it was like having a friend rather then a sister. My mom got her tubes tied (well clamped) after her C-section with me, but it was her dream to have two girls. I actually want the same, even though James wants a fleet of boys, all in which he wants to name James or James JR, how original seeing that his father is named James William, his mother named him James Dean, his brother is Jason William and his other brother is William James. Talk about originality lol. I have already picked out Alexandria as one of my girls names (after my mommy :) )and Chloe for the other. Somehow I have to work in Grace to one of the two names and of course Elizabeth. I have been thinking of these names since I was a little kid. My last name will be french when we are married so it will be very pretty :)

Schwinn
April 28th, 2005, 09:23 AM
I suggested that we name the baby after me if it's a boy, except instead of Junior, name him V2.0. My wife said no.

Writing4Fun
April 28th, 2005, 01:17 PM
I suggested that we name the baby after me if it's a boy, except instead of Junior, name him V2.0. My wife said no.
:confused: Huh?? :confused:

Copper'sMom
April 28th, 2005, 01:26 PM
Also, we only need one to mow the lawn and one to do the dishes. They can alternate taking out the garbage.

I couldn't agree more!!! LOL

j/k!!

Schwinn
April 28th, 2005, 01:31 PM
:confused: Huh?? :confused:

It's a computer geek thing. Whenever they upgrade computer stuff with something new, they add a number to it. For example Word Perfect 2.0 would be the second version.

heeler's rock!
April 28th, 2005, 04:53 PM
:love: Congrats Lilith! :grouphug:

I too like unusual baby names. Hubby and I have decided that if we have a girl, we're going to have her first name be a traditional east indian name (that's what I am), and a Spanish middle name (that's what he is), and vice versa for a boy. So far, I like Sahana Maria (first and middle). Sahana means patience in hindi, and boy do I need it! :p

As for boys, I like Manuel Jayvyn (first and middle). Hubby's not too fond of Manuel though, but that's his middle name and I like it. I also really like Nicolas. We find out the sex of our baby next Friday, so hopefully we can decide on a name!

Anywyas, sorry to temporarily hijack! Congrats again! :grouphug:

Writing4Fun
April 28th, 2005, 05:05 PM
It's a computer geek thing. Whenever they upgrade computer stuff with something new, they add a number to it. For example Word Perfect 2.0 would be the second version.
Oooohhhh! (as the light bulb above my head struggles to life). I thought it was a mechanical term - like maybe your nickname in high-school was "V-twin" and you wanted to hand it down to the next generation of motor heads. :p