Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

Jesssica Lundsford

lilith_rizel
April 25th, 2005, 07:21 PM
I just got an email for a petition that will be given to gov. Bush of Florida. It is in hopes to stop sex offenders. Anyone wanteing to sign the petition, please PM me with your email address, and I will send it to you.

Karin
April 25th, 2005, 08:39 PM
The Jessica bill has already been submitted and Jeb Bush is planning on signing it once the details are worked out, which will be soon.

This happened too close to home for me, one county to the sw. And now another young girl from the Tampa area has fallen victim to a sexual predator.

No problem getting this bill passed at all....too late for some, but this will save many in the future.

lilith_rizel
April 25th, 2005, 08:57 PM
I guess that kind of news doesn't get to Minnesota very fast. My aunt sent me the email this morning. I will be sure to let her know. Thanks Karin.

Oh, did you hear that they found those 2 toddlers from Georgia. They were found in a sanitation pond not that far from their house. :sad:

Makes you wonder if the parents just weren't watching them. You know how kids are fasinated with water............

Karin
May 6th, 2005, 11:24 PM
Jessica's law is now in place, signed & sealed. Sexual offenders are already getting antsy..the latest one cut off his monitoring anklet and bolted. He was caught and now has to serve his time in the iron Hilton, (along with 3 other bolters) He is soo lucky!
Now, under the new law, he could've gotten life!....

lilith_rizel
May 7th, 2005, 09:28 AM
Karin, what all does the law state?????

Karin
May 7th, 2005, 07:39 PM
Karin, what all does the law state?????

I have not read the entire law as of yet, no time to. But,from what I gather from the media it is having a huge impact on these offenders.

One change I like is areas where they cannot live...the distance from anyplace where they can encounter children has been increased so much that there is really no place in this state they can live without violating the conditions of parole. Sorry folks, we are moving them up & out!

Commiting another sex crime against a child will cost them life in prison also.

A lesser crime can mean wearing an ankle bracelet equipt with a GPS tracking system for life. GPS is better than via phone lines.

These sorry excuse for human life people are not liking living here right now....