Pets.ca - Pet forum for dogs cats and humans 

-->

talk about bad luck!

raingirl
April 25th, 2005, 02:34 PM
I don't know if some of you remember, but I kinda got a little screwed when I started my new job. I quit my old job on a Friday, was told I would be starting the following Monday at the new job. Three weeks later, I start getting paid, as the job didn't start (still hasn't). I can't really go into details due to nature of the job, but my first pay cheque was supposed to be 2 weeks, and I only got 1 week! I called and there was a mistake, so the next one was going to have 3 weeks on it. That was mailed to me..April 14 (two thursdays ago) and I still haven't got it! I'm so broke and I have bills due, my visa is maxed, I had to take a loan, and we need groceries! I called my job to see what happened but had to leave a message.

I just feel so crappy now....I was hoping it would be in the mail today but it wasn't....Grrr...only 5 more days left in this month.....

Oh, and I applied for EI in early March, still haven't heard anything. Their phone lines are only open during business hours, and of course, I only have a cell phone and can't wait 45 minutes on hold and pay 95 cents a minute to see what the status is....

BMDLuver
April 25th, 2005, 02:54 PM
You are having terrible luck :grouphug: EI probably won't even arrive at a decision prior to 8 weeks. They have a snail versus turtle processing system, believe me, I've been there. I hope in the interim your backpay comes through. I look at it this way, or at least my dad drilled this into my head my whole life and still does, "if life gives you lemons, make lemonaid". Big help isn't that. lol

raingirl
April 25th, 2005, 02:57 PM
I know. My BF isn't too happy with my new employer. I should have just drove down and picked up the cheque. Problem is, I have an old car and don't want to tax it anymore than I need to in case it dies on me, as I don't have the funds to buy a new one right yet.

Shamrock
April 25th, 2005, 03:01 PM
Raingirl, that is bad luck! :(
This mail seems to be taking too long to arrive - since the 14th? That seems very odd.

As you are needing this cheque, and have already waited more than a fair time for it, I personally would suggest calling the company to advise them you believe this cheque is lost. ( which it could be)
Insist that they cancel this one and issue another to you. And that you will pick it up in person ( if you can)

Its awful waiting and watching for mail that never seems to arrive. :mad:

Princesss04
April 25th, 2005, 03:06 PM
Raingirl I am so sorry to hear about all of these. Hang in there it will get better. I know this is easy for me to easy for me to say but hard for you to do. We are all hear for you. I am not sure what to say but I am sorry. You will be in my thoughts and prayers. What is the hold up on the job? I do not understand why they would leave you haning this long.

Think you have it bad someone else has it worse. Hang in there my friend! http://bestsmileys.com/funny/10.gif

Writing4Fun
April 25th, 2005, 03:31 PM
Wow, that's just terrible, raingirl! Believe me, I understand financial issues! :sad: I would agree with Shamrock's suggestion to call and ask for another cheque. I know my post office is notorious for delivering mail to similar address numbers on the next block, and then those people just chuck 'em because they're not addressed to them :mad: . And they don't even deliver to our door - we have boxes at the post office! How hard is it to walk back to the desk and say, "Oh, by the way, this isn't mine."?? :rolleyes:

raingirl
April 26th, 2005, 10:48 AM
turns out they forgot my apartment number!! GRRRRR

I just went downstairs and the postman was there. I asked him what he does with ones without apartment numbers. He said unless there is other peices of mail with the same name to match up, they get returned to sender. However, he's new on the job, and likes to have a list of names with apartment numbers to match up so that doesn't happen. He's only been doing this for a week and hasn't got any mail without apartment numbers (should have come during his first week) so I don't know what happened.

So...do I ask my employer to cancel and issue another, and pick it up? Or do I wait hoping it will come? The way my luck is going, if I cancel it, it will just show up probably!!